hidemyass etc.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by sirbhp, Jun 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I have been trying to ad "hidemyass" free download to my Firefox browser . Every site so far that I have been to is a dodgey one and I can get the add on I want . Can you folks suggest a decent Hide My Ass type of programme please ?

I want this for security reasons and not because my isp has blocked thepirsatebay et al . .Many thanks .
  2. Why can't you get the official one from the extension search pane?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

because I dont understand a work of what you just said , sorry .
  4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

matt , much thanks bruv. dunnit
  5. The NHS has blocked me from that link.
  6. I seen that link in an Android mag but when I looked at the reviews on Google Play Store loads of people were saying it mucked up their internet connection. Have you used it?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
  7. https://www.torproject.org

• Like Like x 1
  8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

agghhh matt, its buggered up all sorts of settings and i got adverts all over the place and a yahoo tool bar that i managed to delete. My firefox seems to be set for us mode as is google .
  9. Mate, I didn't write the program, it was recommended by someone on Arrse some time ago. The lesson to be learned is "Always read the Instructions and Always READ THE SCREEN when installing ANYTHING. UNTICK the boxes for things that you don't want (like a toolbar; or certain settings). You will get adverts on just about any free software. That's why they are free.

Get on a flight to here and I will arrange for some bird with an adams apple and large hands and feet to give you a bj whilst I sort it for you - takes about 2 mins.

(now waits for PM's from certain arrsers asking for a bird with an adams apple and large hands and feet to give them a bj too).
    • Like Like x 3
  10. You can't fool us, you're the one giving the BJs really..
  11. It's a punishment from God for watching grot on your computer. It'll be an eye next.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. *sigh*. Tools->Addons, then search for the one you want.
  13. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

fank yew blush.