Hidden KGB Weapons in UK

A friend who was in the ROC told me that the head man at his post told him not to both turning up in event of war as he would be in the post with his family.
Yet on a fully manned post (1 Chief Observer, 1 Leading Observer and 8 Observers), due to the 8 hour shift system of 3 Observers per shift, the one person who wasn't meant to be on post during TTW was the Chief Observer. He was meant to be responsible for admin and arranging care for families.

TheAssassin

Swinger
No.
Often on hillsides. Some on hilltops.

Basically a hole was dug and a one room concrete box dropped in. They were never intented to last particularly long and water seeps in.
They all have a hand cranked sump pump at the bottom of the access ladder and the intention was that any water ingress was pumped out reasonably regularly. Nobody has pumped them out in decades so many are now flooded to some degree.
Here's picture showing a waterproof bitumen coating of an ROC post being constructed

hogs11.jpg

Last edited:
As kids in what was an area that would have been on the front line of any Jerry landing and invasion and also in the area where the first fall back anti tank ditch and dragons teeth etc were deployed we had several bunkers around that yielded amounts of .303 and .45 ammo plus other goodies that were quickly confiscated by the adults and no doubt consigned to the farm lake .
In the end we never admitted to any further ammo finds and happily threw it on fires , pulled the heads off and made huge genie's with the contents .
Not sure if these were so called "stay behind" caches or just kit left by the Canadians as they left for the Invasion .
We had complete freedom to wander over our farm and 3 or 4 neighbours farms so ranged over a large area of countryside looking for anything interesting .
Sounds like where I grew up as well, numerous pill boxes and a ROTOR station along the cliff tops a few miles down the road, as well as bunkers in the woods, abandoned WW2 air fields everywhere and the auxiliary bunker I mentioned a few pages back. We explored them all as kids and teenagers.

tiv

War Hero
Sounds like where I grew up as well, numerous pill boxes and a ROTOR station along the cliff tops a few miles down the road, as well as bunkers in the woods, abandoned WW2 air fields everywhere and the auxiliary bunker I mentioned a few pages back. We explored them all as kids and teenagers.
All we had were three Bofors Towers, though we did once find a bayonet in a lane I now know lead to an AA Battery.

I'm (as just private citizen) absolutely unaware about it. However, even if I had any information then it would not be disclosed here.
Now I'm in Tenerife. May be here (on Teide, for example) there are hidden KGB weapons stocks. I will try to detect them.
They'll be easy to find. Look for lamp posts that your comrades have been throwing tyres up, over and on to.

On another note, SWMBO has a Russian friend. I asked her friend if she was a "Russian spy". She said she wasn't to which I replied "well you would say that wouldn't you".
My suspicions were further raised when we adopted her cat. His name is Sniezhok. We kept the name as it suits him but, I think the cat is also a sleeper.
I noticed a tyre shop round the corner from us. The independent low end type that sells part worns to chavs. Now, I reckon that is a repository for sleeper cells to get their tyres to notify other sleeper agent cats of houses being used for caches.

It all adds up man!

Yokel

LE
Forgetting about the Russians; when I was at school we read a story that was based in the Falklands during the conflict. The book had exercises and questions at the back One of these was what would you do if you were on security duties at a UK naval base in 1982 and discovered an Argentine 'reporter' with camera, radios, and a weapon.

Forgetting about the Russians; when I was at school we read a story that was based in the Falklands during the conflict. The book had exercises and questions at the back One of these was what would you do if you were on security duties at a UK naval base in 1982 and discovered an Argentine 'reporter' with camera, radios, and a weapon.
Multiple Choice

Answer; A, Give the Argie Reporter a map, a compass and 'ROBUST' Anglo-Saxon directions back to South America. (But not if they are a Undercover Argie Officer as they would soon be back due to getting lost),

Answer B, Give them directions to the nearest Police Station/Immigration Office so they could apply for Asylum,

Answer C, Invite them into the Mess, get them rat arsed, steal the camera, radio, weapon & contents of thier wallet, throw them out onto the street to sleep it off with instructions as per A or B above.

Easy, next question.

ACAB

LE
Have him off, obviously. The first two are excusable, but not the last, I would have him / her / it nicked and 'Interrogated'.

Multiple Choice

Answer; A, Give the Argie Reporter a map, a compass and 'ROBUST' Anglo-Saxon directions back to South America. (But not if they are a Undercover Argie Officer as they would soon be back due to getting lost),

Answer B, Give them directions to the nearest Police Station/Immigration Office so they could apply for Asylum,

Answer C, Invite them into the Mess, get them rat arsed, steal the camera, radio, weapon & contents of thier wallet, throw them out onto the street to sleep it off with instructions as per A or B above.

Easy, next question.
so no to rape & murder ?

They'll be easy to find. Look for lamp posts that your comrades have been throwing tyres up, over and on to.

On another note, SWMBO has a Russian friend. I asked her friend if she was a "Russian spy". She said she wasn't to which I replied "well you would say that wouldn't you".
My suspicions were further raised when we adopted her cat. His name is Sniezhok. We kept the name as it suits him but, I think the cat is also a sleeper.
I noticed a tyre shop round the corner from us. The independent low end type that sells part worns to chavs. Now, I reckon that is a repository for sleeper cells to get their tyres to notify other sleeper agent cats of houses being used for caches.

It all adds up man!
It's not that implausible, have you never heard of Acoustic Kitty

Acoustic Kitty was a CIA project launched by the Central Intelligence Agency Directorate of Science & Technology, which in the 1960s intended to use cats to spy on the Kremlin and Soviet embassies. In an hour-long procedure a veterinary surgeon implanted a microphone in the cat's ear canal, a small radio transmitter at the base of its skull and a thin wire into its fur.

This would allow the cat to innocuously record and transmit sound from its surroundings. Due to problems with distraction, the cat's sense of hunger had to be addressed in another operation.[

Latest Threads