Hi there...

Pretty much what it says on the tin - I'm not sure whether most newbies introduce themselves to the forum or not, so after lurking for a few weeks, laughing my arse off at the various threads (all the mlaaaar threads, and the "DS quotes"/"phrases for use in the field" threads) I thought I'd give it a go.

Nickname's Squid, spent a year or so as a STAB back in my yoof, was your typical 17/18 year old, annoyed lots of people and fell out with it (not badly, didn't severely annoy anyone, just wasn't right for me at the time). Worked a couple of crappy civilian jobs since, and after much thought, have decided to give it (it = Army, not TA) another go - I'm 22 now, and have (I'd like to think, at least!) matured a lot, and having seen what civilian jobs are like, coupled with the fact that I want to actually do something with my life, I've got to go to the AFCO next week (for the second time), with a view to starting the ball rolling in the direction of the Army Air Corps :D .

So yeah, I'm a civ*lian at the minute, but hopefully not for too long. Wish me luck, all helpful advice and good karma appreciated :lol: :D Winchester here I come, all being well :D .

The problem with the carreers dvd is I sounded like a parrot, saying to myself every few minutes "Vehicle Mechanic - I want to do that!. Gunner, AS90 - I want to do that! Gunner - Rapier - I want to do that! etc etc...

To be honest, there are so many things that I want to do that now I've decided on one, I don't want to question it in case I throw myself into another few weeks of indecision. That said though, I don't feel that I'm rushing into something, and I'm really looking hoping to get through the selection/training, seeing as how I'm a big helicopter nut (love 'em! make fixed wing look cumbersome and boring!)

So yes, I've thought about lots of trades, most of them in fact, but I love rotary more than anything else, so, that's what I'm gonna go for.

(PS, what's a "smuf to be"? :lol: )

not thought about a REME trade involving helicopters? avionics mechanic or technician or something like that?

pushing and pulling and refuelling helicopters versus taking them to pieces and fixing them. up to you, just a thought. depends what you're into.

Not smart enough on paper to be either avionics or aircraft tech tbh, that and the fact that my TA lot were infantry, so I don't like the idea of being in a hangar/workshop most of the time.
Besides, I'd rather work with flying ones instead of broken ones :p .

Cow said:
Squiddly said:
(PS, what's a "smuf to be"? :lol: )
Yep, I look like a tw@t, that'll be a 'smurf' then :roll:
Oopsie, didn't know what you were on about :lol: .
I think I've got it now. :wink: .

Latest Threads