Hi there...

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Squiddly, Jun 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pretty much what it says on the tin - I'm not sure whether most newbies introduce themselves to the forum or not, so after lurking for a few weeks, laughing my arse off at the various threads (all the mlaaaar threads, and the "DS quotes"/"phrases for use in the field" threads) I thought I'd give it a go.

Nickname's Squid, spent a year or so as a STAB back in my yoof, was your typical 17/18 year old, annoyed lots of people and fell out with it (not badly, didn't severely annoy anyone, just wasn't right for me at the time). Worked a couple of crappy civilian jobs since, and after much thought, have decided to give it (it = Army, not TA) another go - I'm 22 now, and have (I'd like to think, at least!) matured a lot, and having seen what civilian jobs are like, coupled with the fact that I want to actually do something with my life, I've got to go to the AFCO next week (for the second time), with a view to starting the ball rolling in the direction of the Army Air Corps :D .

So yeah, I'm a civ*lian at the minute, but hopefully not for too long. Wish me luck, all helpful advice and good karma appreciated :lol: :D Winchester here I come, all being well :D .
  2. Cow

Cow LE

Smuf to be, not thought about a trade?

3. The problem with the carreers dvd is I sounded like a parrot, saying to myself every few minutes "Vehicle Mechanic - I want to do that!. Gunner, AS90 - I want to do that! Gunner - Rapier - I want to do that! etc etc...

To be honest, there are so many things that I want to do that now I've decided on one, I don't want to question it in case I throw myself into another few weeks of indecision. That said though, I don't feel that I'm rushing into something, and I'm really looking hoping to get through the selection/training, seeing as how I'm a big helicopter nut (love 'em! make fixed wing look cumbersome and boring!)

So yes, I've thought about lots of trades, most of them in fact, but I love rotary more than anything else, so, that's what I'm gonna go for.

(PS, what's a "smuf to be"? :lol: )
  4. not thought about a REME trade involving helicopters? avionics mechanic or technician or something like that?

pushing and pulling and refuelling helicopters versus taking them to pieces and fixing them. up to you, just a thought. depends what you're into.
  5. Cow

Cow LE

Yep, I look like a tw@t, that'll be a 'smurf' then :roll:
  6. Not smart enough on paper to be either avionics or aircraft tech tbh, that and the fact that my TA lot were infantry, so I don't like the idea of being in a hangar/workshop most of the time.
    Besides, I'd rather work with flying ones instead of broken ones :p .

Oopsie, didn't know what you were on about :lol: .
    I think I've got it now. :wink: .