Hi i have some questions that i couldnt find on armyjobs

1 I am from EU country living in UK now can i join ?

2 Which part of army is going to Afganistan and iraq ? and will i have chose to go or not?

That's it i hope this is write forum to ask for this.

. Number one i think depends on a few things. As for ur second one say you join the infantry for example you wont get a choice. But y would u want to join the ARMY if you really dont want to be deployed? hope that helps a bit. But main one is to contact army recruting office for the answers to ur questions.

I'm pretty sure it's only countries that are in the commonwealth. You'd have to get British citizenship to join.

The second question - you go where your sent whether you like it or not - if you don't want to be sent somewhere, or are going to question it on whatever grounds then it isn't the job for you really.

phone your local careers office or go in for a chat. there are lots of rules governing nationality for recruitment, and these change over time due to whats happening in various places in the world.

its worth getting official confirmation, then spunking away 3 years because some guys who arent even in basic yet told you on here. i know the rules are not black and white having actually worked in a careers office for a bit, so go in, and get the current info, and see what they suggest.

British passport holder or member of the commonwealth only, Im afraid

DEWANE said:
MSI64 said:
No thats how it should be.

agree ! but i was thinking that if you are from EU it's fine and i think it should be like that as long as you can pass the basic tests and you know English language bicouse i am living in uk and i am as good as a uk citizen i can get same things like benefits ...

Well i will give them a call or try to chat with them and ask

But i really wanted it and im not sure what i will be doing after 3 years and i will be 25 and that's old for me and who knows maybe there won't be any action no more ...

Skyforger said:
DEWANE said:
MSI64 said:
No thats how it should be.

agree ! but i was thinking that if you are from EU it's fine and i think it should be like that as long as you can pass the basic tests and you know English language bicouse i am living in uk and i am as good as a uk citizen i can get same things like benefits ...

Well i will give them a call or try to chat with them and ask

But i really wanted it and im not sure what i will be doing after 3 years and i will be 25 and that's old for me and who knows maybe there won't be any action no more ...
Im sure there will still be lots of action and 25 is not old ;) you'll be a cut above the rest if you use the time to get fit and have some life experience.

British, Commonwealth, or Irish passport holders may enlist with the British Army (must have been resident for at least 5 years prior if you're planning on becoming an Officer).

To apply for naturalisation you need to be officially resident with a visa for Leave to Remain / Right of Abode / Settlement to join spouse/parent/children for at least 5 years prior (3 if you're married to British citizen).

As an EU citizen you obviously don't need visas or leave to remain but you DO need to be able to prove that you have been resident in the UK, with your main estate and taxes being paid in the UK for at least 5 years (a few hundred days spent out of the UK in that period is generally accepted). The 12 months before your application for naturalisation must have been spent resident in the UK.

On top of that you will also need to somehow demonstrate 'significant ties' with the UK. This is really up to the whim/discretion of the immigration official reading your forms but typically accepted ones are marriage (obviously), having British children (obviously), ancestry, or long / conspicuous service to the Crown.

edited for the bleeding obvious :oops:

thx for the post. Yes you may think i am immigrant but i now live in uk and i am looking at it as my home and my country and i am following all events and news what's happening here and i know a lot of British history and i only admire soldiers who when on the France beeches on d day and i know few of them. So as i live here i am considering me as a British because i left my country for a reason and that wasn't easy chose but the government left no chose and i am not the only one. So i do hate when people ask me where are you from i usually try to answer i am from Farnbarough.
I know this is nothing to do with the topic but i just wanted to say it and hear your opinion.

Well you have 4 years to wait until you can apply for citizenship so I suggest you spend that time doing things that will make it easy for the immigration official to say yes to your application - then you'll be in business. Good luck.