Hi all quick question about the Paras and Colstreamers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by L/Cpl J. Kelly, Dec 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Aside from the usual banter what's going to go on, I was wondering which to go for. I did my IDST the other day but unfortunately was out by 58 seconds for the Para's but my Sgt said I could carry on and make the Coldstreamers my first choice, I said no... anyway I'm wondering amongst all you lot who know about the Army etc which would you prefer? Para's or Coldstream Guards? I know they're both tough regiments with a good history but which do you favour with?

Cheers.

2. Kill yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

That depends. Do you want to jump out of a plane which is going to land safely anyway or would you rather wear a big furry hat?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well... both lol. but the Para's are seen as a tougher mroe respected force, hwoever the CG's have a very long past sooo I'm in the middle of the road! :S

5. would you rather wear a furry hat or a furry jockstrap? why dont you really push the boat out and join the RAF regt.

that way you can kill two birds with one stone, you can be an airborne god and spend lots of time staging on.

6. Why don't you join the Guards and later on join 3 PARA Guards Platoon. Alternatively you could strangle yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lol Gotta love the little comments and the end, and ooo I'm interested. Guard Para's, have to Google that! :)

8. Soggy4978

Soggy4978 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Sigh. Join RLC, everyone respects them. Honest guv.

9. If you want a mix of parachutes and long history join 3 Mercian Formerly the Staffords who had a glider regiment in WW2

10. Gliders and parachutes are not quite the same thing. Sorry if that seems picky!

11. Go for either regt. The paras are into parachuting just as much as the CGs are to stagging on the Thames in December.

12. word on the vine says the coldstreams are for the chop............therefore you decide.