HGV Medical & Driver CPC

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
So going to have my HGV Medical next year but NOT do Driver CPC.
This is on the basis if I do not drive for work or hire/reward what is the point of paying £440+ out.

Only HGV driving I have done in recent years is MoD which you do not need Driver CPC for.
HIAB & ADR run out soon so not renewing also, cyclists put me off driving lorries these days.

This is on the basis if I do not drive for work or hire/reward what is the point of paying £440+ out.

Only HGV driving I have done in recent years is MoD which you do not need Driver CPC for.
HIAB & ADR run out soon so not renewing also, cyclists put me off driving lorries these days.
Ask your Doctors if they run out of hours private appointments etc. If I had my HGV Medical during normal working hours booked via the Receptionist then it was big bucks (not as much as £440+). The GP agreed to see me as a private patient (out of hours) (well for 20 minutes after the Surgery had closed) for half the price than if I had booked via the Receptionist. Same info from his computer, same medical records, the same polite service, same full examination and questions asked.

If you are employed by the MoD you may be able to claim your fees back.

Truxx

LE
Ask your Doctors if they run out of hours private appointments etc. If I had my HGV Medical during normal working hours booked via the Receptionist then it was big bucks (not as much as £440+). The GP agreed to see me as a private patient (out of hours) (well for 20 minutes after the Surgery had closed) for half the price than if I had booked via the Receptionist. Same info from his computer, same medical records, the same polite service, same full examination and questions asked.

I paid £85 for my last HGV medical.

If serving then your medic will do it for nowt

As for the cyclists that's the least of your worries.

CPC handy if you are on agency work ( a good filler in if you are job-searching sorry unemployed) but most of the big firms like their own brand of CPC.

Shame about the ADR. Agency tanker work can be lucrative (bit of a closed shop though)

Last edited:

Fake Sheikh

War Hero

£440 is for Driver CPC

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer

So?

mrboo

War Hero

Is there a question with this

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Is there a question with this
It was a general view on HGV driving, the medical & peoples view on the matter, might have explained more.
So run along now this is about driving BIG lorry's, medicals & Driver CPC google it if you want to,

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I booked my medicals online. Never paid more than £50. My GP wanted £80.

You'll need to fill out the relevant bits on the medical form, also available for download online from DVLA, and sign it before you see the doc. Actual medical takes about 20 minutes. All the ticky boxes are taken on trust, so it's basicly blood pressure and eyesight test.

There are a few companies that do this and pretty much the whole country is covered. Its deffo worth a Google.

mrboo

War Hero
It was a general view on HGV driving, the medical & peoples view on the matter, might have explained more.
So run along now this is about driving BIG lorry's, medicals & Driver CPC google it if you want to,
Do you want to have a guess what I do for a living?

mrboo

War Hero
Last medical cost me nothing as the doctor asked if it was me or the company paying. CPC is due this year but the company is paying.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Do you want to have a guess what I do for a living?
Well you did ask & this is arrse, so either:
HGV Driver with Driver CPC/Digi Card/HIAB/ADR or a highly trained STAB involved in medal hunting tasks which you are paid well for as the Reserves trained you to near tour standard?

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Can you read tea leaves. Yes HGV no ADR yes a STAB
Well not a word i like (STAB) as know enough that jumped at going on tours to Iraq & Afgahn.

Latest Threads