HGV licence

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by QNOGUNS, Jan 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Heres a Question for all you MT Sgts/UTO/QTOs etc.
    What forms do I need to re-apply for my HGV licence as its due to run out soon. Do I still need to get a docs certificate and how much will it cost me etc???
  2. Off the top of my head it's the D47p form to reapply for your HGV, you will need to get a medical and send that off also, the medical form D4 should be available from the post office but one of our guys just got his from DVLA when he sent his license off for a change of address. They retained his license and sent him the medical forms.

    If your still serving it'll cost you nothing if you require the license for your trade.

    Hope this helps.

    Edited to add this from the website

    How to renew your entitlement

    The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will send you, 56 days before the expiry of your driving entitlement, a D47P ‘application for renewal of lorry and bus entitlement’ and a D4 ‘medical examination report’.

    Photocard driving licence holder

    You’ll need to:

    complete the D47P form
    ask a doctor to complete the D4 form - the doctor will normally charge you for completing the report and those registered for VAT are also required to charge an additional 15 per cent on top of their fee
    send the completed forms to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1BR
    A message on your D47P form will tell you if your photo is due for renewal, in which case you’ll need to include a new passport type photo and the fee of £20.00. You only need to provide the fee if your photo needs renewing.

    If your name has changed you’ll also need to send (along with the above):

    a completed D2 ‘application for a large goods vehicle (LGV) or passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) driving licence’ available from the DVLA form ordering service
    original documentation confirming your change of name
  3. Search the forum on google. The form includes useful guidance notes and information including where to send the form.

    HGV Training