HGV Class 1 Drivers needed Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by prestonian, Jul 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Frontline Driver Solutions, an agency specializing in the recruitement and placing of temp HGV Drivers, are urgently looking for qualified Class 1 HGV drivers.

Current contracts include a well known sports company.com and a major supermarket distribution centre.
    All drivers must hold a valid class 1 licence with no more than 6 penalty points and a digital tacograph card.

A minimum of 2 years experience is required for the distribution centre.

Work when you are on leave or just weekends for some extra cash. Shifts for the sports company can be long, up to 16 hours, but they are double manned so you have plenty of time to rest. A weekend bonus is also payable with this company.

Want to know more please email info@frontlinedriversolutions.co.uk or call our recruitment team on 07462 193597

Sorry but we cannot accept any driver with a drink or drug related endorsement on their licence.

As soon as we get you registered with us we can give you work. We operate through an umbrella company who will set you a limited company for free so your driving work is classed as self employed and you can offfset allowable expenses against your income so you pay very minimal tax

Attached Files:

2. daz

daz LE

"Work when you are on leave or just weekends for some extra cash", erh, the weekend work you'd need to declare any hours you've worked that week or risk breaking the working time directive and possible EC561 drivers hours as well.

No DD's/DR's and held a license of two years.... forgot to mention you'd need to be over 25 at a guess, be able to show that you've worked as a driver within the last two years for (depending of the insurance policy) 6 months or more, otherwise the Drivers Negligence Insurance Policy that you'll be operating under could well become null and void.

"We operate through an umbrella company"...So you're not going to get the headline rate your promised, if for nothing else, your holiday pay is rolled into the figure, not to mention the slice that the umbrella company will take off you for the privilege of being paid.

Also, wheres the landline number??? and why no website???
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I have noticed that you are very quick to sabotage any posts that relate to HGV recruitment. There is no website yet as the agency is newly formed. This is my wife's company and I am full time reserve soldier after completing 24 years regular service. My wife is very experienced in the rules governing working time regulations and has been involved in the field for many years. I drive occasionally and I go through an umbrella company. Everything is fully explained to anybody who wants to register, she does not force anyone to work so get off your soapbox. You have a serious attitude problem, whats up, are you an eddie stobart reject
  4. Agree with everything Daz says. Umbrella companies are a rip off unless you work maximum hours. If it's only odd shifts then umbrellas will leave you worse off.
    Tax man will want to know if you are being paid twice as well (forces and agency), they will find out if you don't declare it and either way, you will end up with a tax bill.
    Usually find that with agencies as well that the jobs don't actually exist, they are examples of work that the agency gets.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Oh dear.

Sorry to rip you to bits but squaddies know nothing of Tacho law, working time directive and have little class 1 experience or working knowledge of UK roads.

Why the **** are you looking for squaddies to work for you on a weekend?

Doesn't sound like a great outfit to me.
  6. True.

When I started, I had no idea about tacho law and had just passed my class 1 on resettlement, I got a lucky break though and found myself on a trip out to France for my 1st trip.
    Agencies do have a place though so that lads can gain experience and in the Nottinghamshire area there are already plenty of reputable ones.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Dear Prestonian

Are you serious? can you provide consistent levels of work if someone is on your books?

You say you can.

I've got a mate who's ex regs he's a bloody good driver by all accounts but he's struggling to get regular hours off of the agencies he's with and its causing him all sorts of financial grief.

He's in the catchment for your ad.

If I put him to you and you let him down I'll be none too impressed. Its taken me a while to get him back on his feet and thats working with Combat Stress and the RBL.

So is this a serious offer?

8. daz

daz LE

Your a bit thick really it seems, did you not ask yourself how someone could point out the pitfalls of what you're offering from what you posted?? Now have a think about it and come back to me :)
  9. daz

daz LE

AB, No he can't, he's posted what's known in the trade as a hook advert, you might of noticed that the job boards are full of more or less identical adverts all hinting at regular work, and on the whole, all leading nowhere.

Ask yourself this, if there's no website, no real phone number, what's the real chances of his misses sourcing your mate regular work?? Also ask how she's gaining any contracts??, as it stands the industry as a rule is rather cut throat at the moment, where new contracts tend to be "very" price dependant, especially on C+E work, going in and under cutting the rates of the competitors is not always guaranteed to bring long term work into that agency, as some other silly sod will come along and try the same thing.
  10. daz

daz LE

incorporation date: 2013.06.14 uhmmmmmm :)
  11. Similar.

I passed my class 1 in '92 at 17. Never really touched class 1 except for 6 months in Bos one time on the AWADS which were sort of like TM's but bigger.

I didn't have a ******* clue. Persistence got me a job in the end, chucking a clean class 1 license on transport managers' desks until one never bothered to ask for references.

He regretted that when my tacho's came in .. 'What have you done, you ******* lunatic?'

Got over it in the end and became a good class one driver, but would I employ a squaddie? Yes, but only if I could supervise him for a week. Industries have professionals and a professional squaddie isn't a professional truck driver, no matter what TA adverts say.

OP... your advert isn't professional either.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. AB yes my wife can offer your friend regular hours of work. As she says she has 2 major cliants who are constantly seeking drivers. As for the doubters It sounds to me that you are narrow minded fools who have absolutely no experience in this field. You are right it is a very cut throat industry that is why the 2 companies in question have gone to frontline driver solutions for their services because they can deliver what the client expects.

The reason she is seeking soldiers is because of there impeccable work ethic. Why don't you apply and meet up with them you might actually learn something. Or is it that you don't have the correct license to do so.

As for getting abusive that just shows how immature you are now grow up get a life and give the people who want to work the opportunity to get work.

This add was never ment to be a slanding match so I apologize.
  13. daz

daz LE

Bolded, really?? absolutely no experience in this field, really?? hahaha hahahaha

You've been operating, what, a month and a half, No, you can't offer him regular hours of work, even with your mighty two "major clients", lets face it, if they are constantly seeking drivers, they've got a problem, and that's no ones willing to work for them long term, even temps have some standards and are unwilling to work for certain companies.

As for the crack about not holding the correct license, wrong, but then again, I'm also a DCPC trainer.......Oh, and a member of the REC (<That's a hint that is), Oh, and the FTA, come to think of it, the RHA as well =D
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I wouldn't touch umbrella companies with a barge pole,

[h=1]48% of UK contractors are putting themselves at risk by using a PSC solution[/h]
    48% of UK contractors are putting themselves at risk by using a PSC solution | Personnel Today

[h=1]Case Law: Ready Mixed Concrete (South East) Ltd v Minister of Pensions and National Insurance[/h]
    Case Law: Ready Mixed Concrete (South East) Ltd v Minister of Pensions and National Insurance

In short you cannot be self employed if working as a driver like this
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I am now working as a Class 2 driver for an agency.

I am paid through an umbrella company.

There are some snags to this, in that I am not classed (HMRC) as self employed, but as an employee of my own company. I pay two lots of NI stamp. (Employee and Employer contributions.) I get holiday pay (Which I am paying for) and unless I am on top dollar (which I am not) and bunging in big expense forms every week (which I am not) then it's all seems a bit shit. Oh, and I have to pay £15 a week for the running of my umbrella.

On the upside, I can produce genuine pay slips which could help out if I apply for a loan, and I don't have the paperwork hassle that I had when I was genuinely self employed.

Once I have worked for the same company for 12 weeks, known as a 'qualifying period' I must be paid (at least) the same basic wage (and overtime) as a full time employee who is doing the same job, i.e. one of the regular drivers. This is now law and covered by the Agency Workers Regulations.

In 4 weeks I can therefore look to a pay rise, as the regular drivers at the plant company definitely earn more than I do as an Agency bod.

I am still undecided as to whether I should stay with my umbrella or go back to self employed once I have completed the qualifying period. At the end of the day, I can sort out a self assessment tax form, hand in all my fuel receipts and probably save a bit of cash.

No agency can guarantee work every day for ever, the one I am with is pretty good though, (well established) and the contract I am on now is a long term gig so I am happy, but it was very much hit and miss when I signed up with them and I reckon the OP, Frontline Driver Solutions Agency, is no better or worse than any other. (I'm always wary of companies that have the word 'solution' in the title, much like people who wear 'No Fear' T shirts, they always look fecking scared.)

It would be interesting for the OP to give out his hourly rates.