HF

Ok, between 3 and 30 MHz so I'll plump for anywhere around 15 MHz

Is there a prize?

[video=youtube;fLrpBLDWyCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI[/video]

Whack a dipole up, if that fails run out a trailing wire, the antennae of Gods and idle bastards.

If your equipment has the capability then I would definitely go for aerial diversity, with one being vertically polarised and the other horizontally

If your equipment has the capability then I would definitely go for aerial diversity, with one being vertically polarised and the other horizontally
Don't forget to earth it, using your body as a conductor.

Antenna height and angle is everything.

Int locaton ?? NVIS, inverted L, 1/4 lamda, 1/2 wave, whip, inverted V, horizontal, vertical radiation. MOre info, over

Well, apparently the OP is still 'online' so I can only assume he has fallen into an alchohol induced Coma.

Cheers!

Uh if you mean in skywave terms, 300-1500km, by the book.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"So there we were, working UK from Germany on a farmer's wire fence-". Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
great contribution. Not interested in the thread? well **** off and read a different one
Don't get me wrong, I always enjoyed the creative stuff my RTg got up to in order to get comms in; mind you, he was odd as an odd thing, first thing he'd ask once we'd set up after a move was whether he could dig in to Stage 2 when off stag and had done changes.

Personally, I spent more time worrying about the giant Yagi antenna on top of the 21m mast with the lethal elements which would plunge earthwards like javelins if not properly secured.

Latest Threads