• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

HF

If your equipment has the capability then I would definitely go for aerial diversity, with one being vertically polarised and the other horizontally

great contribution. Not interested in the thread? well **** off and read a different one
Don't get me wrong, I always enjoyed the creative stuff my RTg got up to in order to get comms in; mind you, he was odd as an odd thing, first thing he'd ask once we'd set up after a move was whether he could dig in to Stage 2 when off stag and had done changes.

Personally, I spent more time worrying about the giant Yagi antenna on top of the 21m mast with the lethal elements which would plunge earthwards like javelins if not properly secured.

Latest Threads