Hezbollah arms dump in Nigeria.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, May 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

• guns.jpg
      File size:
      59.8 KB
  2. Hmmm... heres hoping that any other arms not found are all in similar condition & that the brave jihadis that try use them, do themselves a lot of damage!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I was confused then, I thought this was a TA Armoury Inspection thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Might be kosher, but there's something not quite joined up about this 'find'. I heard the early morning BBC R4 interview with Bassey Ettang, the Chief Int. wallah.

My opinion is that Nigeria is trying to up the assistance level they're already receiving from discreet European sources.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The barrels at the bottom of the pic look ok, which may add weight to A_L's post
  6. Dear Mr Arrse blessings be upon you,

I am a govt armoror and due to an overspend my uncle and I have an arsenel of used AK 47 rifle guns which we cannot get out of the country alone.

If you will let us use your armory to transfer these gun to abroad we will let you have 25% of guns and ammo for your trouble in helping us to do this good thing.

Please send us the keys to your gun building and while you are away we will store these guns in your building prior to giving them to our brother-in law. If you can then forget about the guns for a few years all will be well and you will have many guns and bullets for them.

GOD bless you for helping us
    Yours sinserely
    J Nweke.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nail, Head. I worked there for many years, and this is typical of the type of 'conclusion' the security forces arrive at - nothing to do with security, everything to do with an alterior motive.

For what it's worth, I was detained in Nigeria on 'suspicion of terrorist acts' [Give us some money] following a car bombing a few years back.
  8. I used to get stopped on a Friday night regularly on my way to the Airport by the Dashmasters.
  9. ^If a Lebanese man in Nigeria (and there are thousands) wanted some AKs, he could easily pick up some good ones on the QT for very little money, especially in Kano.

Alec_Lomas' second paragraph sums it up. Nigerian quotes: