Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Well i didnt know where to post this so it will do here im sure.

Im 26 and fed up with 'civie' life. Just been laid off so i thought id give the army a look. It wouldnt be the first time ive had a peek at army life as when i was 18 me and a few buddies went to join up, i went to the pub instead.... :cry:

While they have jobs in engineering on 50k a year or are swanning about in the sun with stripes and crowns, im still down the pub..lol.

I feel this is my last chance to have a go so tomorow im off down to the Ipswich afco for a chat. :wink:

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

You are well ahead on the usual "i wanna join army" in that you can spell and construct a sentence.

Work on punctuation and capitalisation ... you'll be fine.

Good luck!

3. Well thank you, am i in then??

4. It's not as easy as that.

You have to get to Ipswich yet.

Good luck!

5. Maybe a teensy-weensy bit more enthusiasm at your interview - but Good Luck!

6. lol, im actualy very keen!!

Getting there is the easy bit, its parking thats the problem!

7. Hey indifferent,

We get alot of soliders to be registering on this site, is it the Army careers office that point you in this direction or did you hear through word of mouth.

Oh and "good luck"

8. word of mouth fella, an ex reg friend of mine pointed me this way.

9. Hi.

What civ job you get laid off from? If you dont mind me asking.

Do you have skills you would want to transfer over or are you seeking a totally fresh start.

10. i was in retail mate.

im looking for a whole new start, trouble is i went to the careers place today and he mentioned debt but he didnt go into it much. now after i got home i did some more research and it seams that anything over 250 quid a month is to much.. the best i could get it down to is maybe 300 quid. im well pi55ed off now!!

11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Work at it ...

Nearly all the military are poor in one way or another.

Remember you get accommodation and food once you're in ... very cheaply. Someone current ... give the man the numbers ....

12. Loggy then.

13. Free utility bills
    Rent: £49 a month
    Free Travel
    Free Pension
    Council tax - £2.48 a month - that's right, give your council what they're worth!
    Food: £100 a month (I don't eat that much, surely? :p )

14. Lie - everyone else does and debt means nothing once you're in.

15. I Soooo meant to link that to a different quote - sorry :lol: :blowkiss: