Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Phil123, Mar 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey there, new to the forums but been reading plenty of topics and it's all good stuff.

Just wondering, if the T.A are called up for mobilisation, how long do they go on tour for? Is it the same as the regular army? Thinking about joining the local artillery camp near me, so just wondering. Thanks :)
  2. Yes either 6 months or 4 months depending where you go .Though its normal to do a 3 month operational training package before you go .and afterwards you get post operational leave and the normal holiday entilemeant .So your looking at about 10 to 11 months
    of paid army service.
  3. My last callup lasted 11 months from leaving work to going back, we were in theatre for 7 months which is a bit on the long side.

When you get mobilsed you become an ARAB for the short period, so you're there as long as they are, unless you play the STAB card which then puts us all in a bad light.
  4. Ah right i see. Well 2 things, what is ARAB and STAB:p sorry chum, just no idea.
  5. arab = regular army bar steward as opposed to the blokes who live in iraq who are choggies
    stab= still the armies best :lol:
  6. :lol:
    good one woody :wink:

7. wwwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like you know nothing - right.
  8. exactly:D
  9. New and better definition of stab, me like, me wanna take home!
  10. Before my maddy injury the new one was S.W.A.T. that still going or died out? :lol:
  11. our CO comments "weather your TA or Regular the Gap has closed and now we are one army" and as he says those words all ten regular instructors snigger and say Bollocks STABs And ARABs will never be one, only live in harmony when you get a full pension and we get a bounty
  12. Fair enough!

Not sure the Regular Army is managing to close the gap on me though, unless it has recently taken the plunge and decided to put its JNCOs on secondment to go through 7+ years of full-time training and work experience in the role ;)