Hey, What do you get after you take the Oath of Allegiance?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RyalRegScotland, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my Oath soon, and just wondering what do you actually do and what you do you get after the Oath?
    Thanks
    P.S sorry if this is in the wrong part >.<
    Obvioously i know that
    andd no im not american fool :S
    Just that i see people holding this peice of paper with a crown at the top?
    Whats that?

2. - "blah blah, amen"
    -Whoo hoo!
    -hand shake
    -fuck off

3. Are you American? Are you expecting a medal or something?

4. Went out with the others with me and had several beers.

5. yeah pretty much a handshake, welldone, goodbye.

6. As in your other post the reply is , use the search function.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

£25? AND GET A HAIRCUT!!

8. A nagging feeling that you've done something very, very foolish?

9. look at all these people just talking shit! half of these guys in here are either weekend warriors or just people that can only DREAM of being a squaddie! lol
    after the oath of allegiance is basic training. you shouldve received a letter with your join date and army number on it.
    what regiment are you joining?

10. The paper is your oath that has been signed you can take it home get it framed, put it on the fridge, whatever you want. You get your joining instructions aswell, which contains a kit list and the important dates and addresses and such.

11. Or are serving, or have served. Most of us on here don't need to dream; we are/have live/d it. :roll:

After the Oath of Allegiance, you go home or go to the pub, whatever. Then you wait for joining instructions. Us_versus_them, makes it sound like you are whisked away as soon as you say Amen.

Oh and that 'piece of paper with a crown on the top', I still have mine and it was given to me in 1981.

Anyway back to dreaming... :roll:

12. I was just given my joining instructions there and then, was handed and envelope with my name and army number on it.

13. Fair enough, that bit is different to my time (long ago) and would actually make sense, in a joined up way.

14. And you fall into the latter category?

15. It's so true that it kinda makes me feel sorry for him. He's probably giving it large saying he's doing this and that, but in reality he probably doesn't have the balls to walk into the ACIO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.