Hey i join the army will this affect my relationship

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Pride_of_the_South, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right as the title says i am joining the army. i just done my med forms. but i was wondering if i join the army will this cause problems with me and my girlfriend. i lived with her for a year and she said it will be alright but i was wondering if any been in the same situation. (Preferbley i would like a womens point of view, who has had there boyfriend go in the army)
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Continue to have fun and be prepared to be dumped half way through your phase 1. :numberone:
  3. It may cause problems it depends how strong your relationship is and if there is trust on both sides.
  4. After reading some of your crap I can see that they will probably be ensuring you get on the train with a one-way ticket and move town PDQ.
  5. You've lived with her for a year, you love her and she loves you, your relationship is strong

Yep she'll be taking it up the grinner by a large ethnic before you can say ONE - 2 - 3- ONE

Welcome to the army, the only mistress you will ever need
  6. If you are really serious about your relationship it will work and dont listen to the knobs on here.
    first hand experience

7. What are you trying to say?

Are you the Hippokangutang from the gallery?
  8. It will be really hard and she may end up resenting you. My partner joined last May, we'd been together about 2 years.

We've done our fair share of dumping eachother, but we never sleep on an argument so within a couple of hours we always end up back to normal.

Depends what your girlfriend is like. Some girls will be going out every weekend pulling the nearest bloke, and likewise with you, you may end up with a wondering eye.

Your relationship will be strained for at least a year while you do all your training. If you both have a future together then you'll wait it out.

9. You're just bitter because you've got a face like a melted crisp packet, and no-one wants you anyway.

10. yes and what do u look like you stupid slapper
    and i as it happens have a husband who is in iraq.
    so go get a life
  11. You will miss your shags
  12. Hey joanne. Cheers for the advise. You tell that moddy bi atch!
  13. Got the painters in luv?
  14. The usual retort , eh Moodybint?

I think you're permanently getting redecorated going on your normal highly 'intelligent' posts.

Do you actually have any connection with the forces yet? Being the bike stand for the local garrison doesn't count.
  15. Nor does being a fat civvy in the TA.

Moved to London yet with Tinkerbell?