hexi blocks...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by armourer, Nov 3, 2004.

?
  1. Do Bears sh*t in the woods.

78.1%
  2. No..whats a hexi block ?

21.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fun with hexi blocks No1 :

Add Jam to hexi block and give to local "natives" and tell them they are biscuits.

Please feel free to add to the list of "fun things to do with hexi blocks"

2. I never have, but what would it do to a person?

3. Well I was told the fumes when lit are toxic... so one would assume nothing good could come from eating them.

4. count me as an uneducated young spam, and do please tell me what a hexi block is... :?:

5. Basically blocks of material that when set alight provide heat/flame to cook food in boiling water which can then also be used for wash or brew.

6. white square block of fuel for cooking really slowly and making a complete mess of your appropriatley named mess tin

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

GIBJ, it's like your Trioxane, wee white solid fuel tabs.

But amongst the less switched-on recruits 'Hexi-telly' has been a grand favourite.

In answer to the poll, yes.
    On several continents. :lol:

By the way, it's always easier to start the locals on the stuff if you have some Kendal Mint Cake handy too.

8. I thought that Kendall Mint Cake had been classed as a WMD :twisted: :twisted:

9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

S**t - I never realised that you were supposed to BURN them. Now I know why the kids always said they tasted funny.

10. Good old 'hexi telly'. There used to be some excellent programmes on that in the harbour area, in the cold, in some godawful forestry block somewhere. The crow loved it. :lol:

11. When your mate has pissed you off by making a schitt Brew after a particuarly schitt stag, blow powdered milk towards him\her through the hexi flame it soon gets their attention. :lol: (only to be done during Non tac and\or day light hours)

12. When burning it can give off cyanide.

13. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

Mmmm... Anyone want a piece of Kendal Mint Cake? :lol:

14. Well its either that or beat the shite out of them witha whip antenna to get the little fcukers off your vehicle.
    :twisted:
    They fell for it every time................until they got wise and started bricking us that is :lol:

15. a good game to play is "convoy chicken" when you chuck boilies (or hexi blocks for a double whammy) out of the middle vehicles in a convoy , and see which of the locals are quick/stupid/ballsy enough to run out in the road before they get flattened by the next wagon.

or "heat the local coinage up until it's white hot" was always a favourite.
    i wonder how many kids in third world countries have got perfect coin imprints on their hands ?