• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

HET / LET

Am trying to get my head around CSS Behind the Bde Rear Boundary for MK2: http://www.dlp-prodcont001.mod.uk/U...2&modNum=undefined&relVer=Sep05&flVer=9,0,115 (Module 3, CSS Capability)
and was wondering whether anyone could post a pic of the HET and LET, so that I can see the difference?

msr
P.S If you could help me out with some other questions (such as 'water is carried in a role dedicated CST' What's that? and What is a CSC?) that would be kind.

2) REME OPR Company:

Off Platform Repair or Operational Pack Repair?

msr

What does a Dressing Station consist of?

CST - Combat Support Tanker (you know, like a TTF)

CSC - Convoy Support Centre (fuel, egg banjos etc)

Don't you have access to the e-battlebox?

msr - you are a lazy fatherless. I've just had a quick skim through your attached clicky and all the answers are there if youcan be arrsed to look :roll:

Bubbles_Barker said:
No, I don't.

What's a TTF?

And have you tried looking at the Provost Spt section?

msr

HET:

Can't find a useful picture of a LET, only a back three-quarters view.

And Bubbles is right - all the info is there..... :D

All the TLAs are mentioned, not all are explained...

If we could learn everything off a web page, why bother with teachers / lecturers / mentors ?

Could you put a Warrior on a LET?

msr

It's all there, you aren't looking hard enough!!!

Coupled to a bit of research on armynet and the interweb, you too could be capable of answering your own questions!

Do you want us to wipe your arrse too! ;-)

Gary_K said:

Coupled to a bit of research on armynet and the interweb, you too could be capable of answering your own questions!

Doing MK1 was easy, with the books kindly provided by Proximo and being sat in a Bde HQ in Basra.

Having never seen Div HQ / DSG etc etc makes it all a bit theoretical...

Is this a LET: http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/muv/14_tonne.htm ?

msr

Victorian_Major said:
If it is any consolation, I promise you that your brain dumps all of this stuff within hours of having sat the exam...
I'm not too worried about it all coming out, it's getting it in the first place which is proving a little tricky ;)

All the more so when I cannot relate it to anything I have ever seen / experienced :(

msr

msr said:
Bubbles_Barker said:
No, I don't.

What's a TTF?

And have you tried looking at the Provost Spt section?

msr
Yes you do. Go to LAND Web and look under Reference.

Futile really. If you don't know what these things are by now then God help you.

A TTF is a 'Truck, Tanker Fuel'. And I haven't looked at the Provost Sp section because I don't need to - you clearly do.

I note this is in the 'Staff College and Staff Officers' thread. You can't seriously be considering being a staff officer with your level of knowledge can you?

Bubbles_Barker said:
on DII?

Bubbles_Barker said:
You can't seriously be considering being a staff officer with your level of knowledge can you?
And you were born with an MK2 certificate in your hand?

I pity anyone who ends up with you as a mentor...

msr

msr said:
Gary_K said:

Doing MK1 was easy, with the books kindly provided by Proximo and being sat in a Bde HQ in Basra.

Having never seen Div HQ / DSG etc etc makes it all a bit theoretical...

Is this a LET: http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/muv/14_tonne.htm ?

msr
No, No, No. That is not a LET. Does it look as though its a Light Equipment Transporter? Or does it look like a 14T GS Cargo truck of the kind I took over a Squadron's worth of 20 years ago?

Let me guess. You're an infantryman who can't be arrsed to learn about anything beyond the BG rear boundary.

Why is it that I have to know all about what you do but you can remain resolutely ignorant about what I do?

Jeez. Stop using Arrse as a substitute for knowing your/our job.

msr said:
Bubbles_Barker said:
on DII?

Bubbles_Barker said:
You can't seriously be considering being a staff officer with your level of knowledge can you?
And you were born with an MK2 certificate in your hand?

I pity anyone who ends up with you as a mentor...

msr
Right. If you're on Dii then LAND Web is available. If you can't find it then you aren't looking at the same system that I am.

No, I wasn't born with an MK2 certificate in my hand. I passed my Staff College (JDSC and ACSC) exams without any help from the Web.

If I was your mentor you wouldn't be asking such bone questions.

msr said:
Could you put a Warrior on a LET?

I have only ever seen 432/CVR(T) on them - everytime we've used them, Wr has gone on HETs.

That doesn't mean it couldn't happen, of course - I am not a loggie expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Christ Proximo - who is that bird waving her arse about in your posts?

Most offputting :twisted:

Latest Threads