HET / LET

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by msr, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Am trying to get my head around CSS Behind the Bde Rear Boundary for MK2: http://www.dlp-prodcont001.mod.uk/U/Army/Generic/Web-332/mk2_all/part/mk_module_menu.htm?courseNum=2&modNum=undefined&relVer=Sep05&flVer=9,0,115 (Module 3, CSS Capability)
    and was wondering whether anyone could post a pic of the HET and LET, so that I can see the difference?

msr
    P.S If you could help me out with some other questions (such as 'water is carried in a role dedicated CST' What's that? and What is a CSC?) that would be kind.

2. msr

msr LE

2) REME OPR Company:

Off Platform Repair or Operational Pack Repair?

msr

3. msr

msr LE

What does a Dressing Station consist of?

4. Off Platform Repair Coy.

5. CST - Combat Support Tanker (you know, like a TTF)

CSC - Convoy Support Centre (fuel, egg banjos etc)

Don't you have access to the e-battlebox?

6. I guess the old SOHB has gone electronic then - Next thing you know Div HQ will be paper light and Bde HQ paperless
    As if
    Crab

7. msr - you are a lazy fatherless. I've just had a quick skim through your attached clicky and all the answers are there if youcan be arrsed to look :roll:

8. msr

msr LE

No, I don't.

What's a TTF?

And have you tried looking at the Provost Spt section?

msr

9. HET:

[​IMG]

Can't find a useful picture of a LET, only a back three-quarters view.

And Bubbles is right - all the info is there..... :D

10. msr

msr LE

All the TLAs are mentioned, not all are explained...

If we could learn everything off a web page, why bother with teachers / lecturers / mentors ?

Could you put a Warrior on a LET?

msr

11. It's all there, you aren't looking hard enough!!!

Coupled to a bit of research on armynet and the interweb, you too could be capable of answering your own questions!

Do you want us to wipe your arrse too! ;-)

12. msr

msr LE

Doing MK1 was easy, with the books kindly provided by Proximo and being sat in a Bde HQ in Basra.

Having never seen Div HQ / DSG etc etc makes it all a bit theoretical...

Is this a LET: http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/muv/14_tonne.htm ?

msr

13. If it is any consolation, I promise you that your brain dumps all of this stuff within hours of having sat the exam...

14. msr

msr LE

I'm not too worried about it all coming out, it's getting it in the first place which is proving a little tricky ;)

All the more so when I cannot relate it to anything I have ever seen / experienced :(

msr

15. Yes you do. Go to LAND Web and look under Reference.

Futile really. If you don't know what these things are by now then God help you.

A TTF is a 'Truck, Tanker Fuel'. And I haven't looked at the Provost Sp section because I don't need to - you clearly do.

I note this is in the 'Staff College and Staff Officers' thread. You can't seriously be considering being a staff officer with your level of knowledge can you?