• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

HESCO Photo Competition 2008

#1
TAKE PHOTOS OF CONCERTAINER UNITS IN ACTION FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A HARLEY!

Once again, Hesco Bastion are giving you the chance to win your very own Harley Davidson FatBoy motorcycle.

One lucky contestant will be riding home on this superb prize - all you have to do to win is to send us your photographs of HESCO Concertainer® units in use, anywhere in the world.

In addition to the Harley Davidson, we’re giving away 5 runners up prizes of fantastic Nintendo Wii consoles.

To enter, register as a user on the HESCO website (http://www.hesco.com), go to the Photo Competition page, and follow the instructions to upload your photographs.

Our panel of judges will choose the winning photograph on December 1st, so who knows, you could be riding your Harley in time for Christmas!
 
#6
Yes, really. It's no joke! This is the fourth year we've run the competition.

Last year's winner was Lt. Justin Barter from 38 Eng. Regt. (see photo).

Choose to believe!!!
 

Attachments

#7
Redders said:
TAKE PHOTOS OF CONCERTAINER UNITS IN ACTION FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A HARLEY!

Once again, Hesco Bastion are giving you the chance to win ...........
To enter, register as a user on the HESCO website (http://www.hesco.com), go to the Photo Competition page, and follow the instructions to upload your photographs.

Our panel of judges will choose the winning photograph on December 1st, so who knows, you could be riding your Harley in time for Christmas!
Be aware that the MOD PR people can claim that ANY photo taken by a serviceman on Ops is Crown Copyright, even if taken woth a privately owned camera, off duty etc. - or so I was told on my UPO course.
 

BiscuitsAB

LE
Moderator
#8
TheShiningPath said:
Redders said:
TAKE PHOTOS OF CONCERTAINER UNITS IN ACTION FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A HARLEY!

Once again, Hesco Bastion are giving you the chance to win ...........
To enter, register as a user on the HESCO website (http://www.hesco.com), go to the Photo Competition page, and follow the instructions to upload your photographs.

Our panel of judges will choose the winning photograph on December 1st, so who knows, you could be riding your Harley in time for Christmas!
Be aware that the MOD PR people can claim that ANY photo taken by a serviceman on Ops is Crown Copyright, even if taken woth a privately owned camera, off duty etc. - or so I was told on my UPO course.

Harr the Devil owns you heart and soul.
 
#9
[quote="TheShiningPath]
Be aware that the MOD PR people can claim that ANY photo taken by a serviceman on Ops is Crown Copyright, even if taken woth a privately owned camera, off duty etc. - or so I was told on my UPO course.[/quote]

Under law, it is the photographer who will own copyright on any photos he/she has taken, with the following exceptions:

If the photographer is an employee of the company the photos are taken for, or is an employee of a company instructed to take the photos, the photographer will be acting on behalf of his/her employer, and the company the photographer works for will own the copyright.
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p16_photography_copyright
 
#10
Lurgan_Stoop said:
[quote="TheShiningPath]
Be aware that the MOD PR people can claim that ANY photo taken by a serviceman on Ops is Crown Copyright, even if taken woth a privately owned camera, off duty etc. - or so I was told on my UPO course.
Under law, it is the photographer who will own copyright on any photos he/she has taken, with the following exceptions:

If the photographer is an employee of the company the photos are taken for, or is an employee of a company instructed to take the photos, the photographer will be acting on behalf of his/her employer, and the company the photographer works for will own the copyright.
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p16_photography_copyright[/quote]

The army intranet gives: Crown Copyright is defined as works “made by Her Majesty or by an officer or servant of the Crown in the course of his duties” (Section 163, Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988)

The bloke on the course said that any photo taken on Ops counted ' cos you are in theatre "on duty" even if not actually working, ie you would not have been able to take the shot if you were not deployed.....
 
#11
Looking at the quality of previous winners, everyone in Bastion should grab a camera PDQ!

With a little bit of imagination, its basically a free motorbike for absolutely diddle-squat :)

Well done Hesco! ...thats a really generous set of prizes up for grabs
 
#12
moving-target-survivor said:
Looking at the quality of previous winners, everyone in Bastion should grab a camera PDQ!

With a little bit of imagination, its basically a free motorbike for absolutely diddle-squat :)

Well done Hesco! ...thats a really generous set of prizes up for grabs
Seems like the people at Hesco are good eggs all round, especially after the £1.5M bid for seats in the Red Arrows at the H4H Ball a few weeks ago!!
 

Latest Threads

New Posts