Hertford, Hereford, Herford

Easy mistake to make especially if you spell your name like that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29400529
Comedian Seann Walsh was forced to cancel a gig in Hertford after he mistakenly travelled to the city of Hereford 150 miles away.

And he invites you to abuse his twattishness on Twitter

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
From my understanding David Howes and Derek Wood, were victims of this [Herford/Hereford] No comedic value I appreciate......:(

I took my Motorcycle test in Hereford...................I failed to see a Boathouse of any Hue. Although I could ride my VFR750F after taking said test

Hurricanes hardly ever happen?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
From my understanding David Howes and Derek Wood, were victims of this [Herford/Hereford] No comedic value I appreciate......:(
I heard it was an old Soxmis card in a wallet that did for them. (Not sure the possible misunderstanding would have made any difference, though. It still said British Army.)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Even today, that is one incident that really makes my blood boil
Yes, it was horrible. I was in Washington State at the time. A 'Dame of the British Empire', as UK wives of US WW2 soldiers styled themselves then, said, 'I'm of Irish Catholic background and I abhor what I've just seen on the TV.'

It was a dreadful own goal for Irish republicanism.

Thinking about it, it marked the end of that particular chapter in terms of US support and 1989 brought a whole other focus into popular consciousness. NI became something of a sideshow.

Last edited:
I have been to Hertford, Hereford and Herford, they don't look alike and can't be mistaken for each other! Useless cnuts!

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I've been to Hastings, I've been to Brighton I've been to Eastbourne too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew that these murders would come up.

I can't forgive and I won't forget.

Certa Cito.

Latest Threads