Herrick money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by megahorse7, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. was wondering if anyone has any clue how much extra money we get each month whilst on herrick 13?? cheers
  2. 3rd time lucky hey.
  3. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Do you not have a HR Clerk or RAO / BAO? Do you not have access to Dii?

The new rate as of 06 May 10 is £29.02 daily (or £5281.64 for a six-month tour).

All covered in JSP 752 Tri-Service Regulations for Allowances Chapter 1 Section 6 (Rates of Service Allowances).

And before you ask - it was £14.51 (daily) and £2,640.82 (six-month tour).

PS - In case you wanted to know LSA rates it is in the same chapter / section - but Level 1 is £6.69, Level 2 £10.46 and Level 3 £14.24 per day. Take off your food costs (assuming you're not PAYD and assuming you're not paying Council tax on a property), and you'll have your golden figure.
  4. TheresaMay

You'll get:
    £29.02 per day Op Allowance
    £10.46 per day LSA Level 2

Roughly just over £7K on top of your standard wage for a six-month tour (even more if you currently pay food on your pay statement).
  5. cheers dave you really are a top bloke
  6. Is this all subject to tax because that will be considerably less attractive than what it appears on the surface.
  7. TheresaMay

The Op Allowance isn't - as it was initially designed to be 'tax relief' for the equivalent of a Pte soldier on ops for six months. I think you'll find LSA is taxed though.
  8. If we live in a private property, are we able to claim back council tax for the duration of the op tour?
  9. TheresaMay

That's a strange one - because there is a system in place (cannot remember the percentage as I'm not at work now) but when I was on Herrick 6 I was living in my own gaff and paying around £750 a year in C Tax (with 25% single occupancy discount). I ended up getting around £140 rebate on my pay statement for the time I was on tour - and yet I never filled in any paperwork or submitted any type of claim. This led me to believe the process is automatic - but it's always worth chasing up when you finish the tour.

Bottom line is, you can claim back around 25% of your C Tax I think (if it doesn't automatically go onto your pay) - hoepfully someone who knows more than me on this will be along to answer it in more detail.
  10. Nick Clegg?

On a slightly related topic, does anyone know if the allowances stay the same if you go out in the knowledge that you are on an epicly long tour?
  11. TheresaMay

Hmm, I was thinking more along the lines of HR Clerk types.

Well the Op Allowance is a daily rate so it wont change. And depending on how many days you have under your 'LSA Belt' you could find yourself going up another level.

You will however, end up with lots of leave, and of course your R&R is elligible after 120-odd days. But bear in mind R&R is at the CO's discretion and can be waived in certain circumstances.
  12. You shouldn't have got that from the military as far as I am aware as you should have claimed it back from your council. It's only personnel in quarter's paying CILOCT that get the £140 from the MOD as they can't claim single person occupancy as such in this circumstance. Hence this allowance is for that.

if you have got your's from the council (as you shoud have) then you have got it twice you naught boy !!!
  13. TheresaMay

No, I only got it the once...!

I feel guilty enough putting in an IE claim for £5 that I am entitled to, so rest assured the temptation wouldn't even creep into my head!
  14. I managed to get it back after ages of wrangling from my HQ, after going through the process of getting the letter from the council saying go to the army as per instructed, it took a year of being fcuked around.
  15. just to clear things up we dont get our extra monthly money then a 5k bonus when we get back???