Herrick death - Thur 8 Mar

RIP.

MoD News page

British soldier killed in Helmand province, Afghanistan
8 Mar 07
It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death today, Thursday 8 March 2007, of a member of 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Ministry of Defence
He died in hospital at Camp Bastion from injuries sustained when a grenade was fired at a UK base in Sangin.

His next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further details are released.

The Commander of the UK Task Force, Brigadier Jerry Thomas said:

"Regrettably I must report a further death today. A member of 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery died in hospital at Camp Bastion from injuries sustained earlier, when a grenade was fired at our base in Sangin.

"At this very difficult time our thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues and I want to convey my sincere and heartfelt condolences to them.

"I would like to assure everyone that, despite our recent sad losses, the men and women of the UK Task Force remain committed to the mission and continue to carry out their tasks with the dedication and courage expected of members of our Armed Forces."

My god,
A hard time for the regiment.
RIP
My sincere condolences to the family, friends and oppo's at this truly difficult and sad time.

We will remember them

RIP

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Most sincere condolences. RIP

The regiment has paid dearly for this tour so far...... hope it's the last.

RIP

Rest in Peace Gunner.

Steady 29 Commando RA.

*edited 'cos I mistakenly typed RHA instead of RA

RIP. Another gunner pays the ultimate price.

The Gunners are paying dearly at the moment.