• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

herrick 9

is there anyone due to deploy on this tour who hasnt had their letter yet? ive not had mine as yet and now have less then 4 weeks before chilwell, i thought they would have this in order by now. ive still to drop this on my employer.

I understand that JPA is playing merry havoc with the mobilisations for Herrick 9. Something to do with the JPA equivalent of a Line Serial Number for your Regular Unit not being issued from the bowels of JPA, therefore you can not be mobilised by Glasgow.

So chances are that you may not be mobilised in time and you will look like a complete c@ck in front of your civie employer.

OnTheBus said:
Corrunna Coy, 6 Rifles at Chilwell now.
On behalf of Imjin Coy; pull the pin now lads - save yourselves before it's too late :twisted:

On a more serious note, bring webbing with you in September - manbags are no use. And beg, borrow or steal more UBACs shirts - the yanks go mad for them :D

cormack said:
i put put my name down last month and got my papers last monday. i'm off to chilwell on the 14th july
i put my name down a couple of months ago now, had the verbal from CO but still no letter. i havent told my firm yet as i was going on the pretense that ive been compulsory called up. ive told my immiediate boss today that ive had a warning and my letters in the post. still a poor show on glasgow/whoevers side.

[quote="squigeypie]
i put my name down a couple of months ago now, had the verbal from CO but still no letter. i havent told my firm yet as i was going on the pretense that ive been compulsory called up. ive told my immiediate boss today that ive had a warning and my letters in the post. still a poor show on glasgow/whoevers side.[/quote]

that's what i did told my immiediate boss then the firm when my letter came through. what unit are you going out with?

same here mate. hopfully i can bluff my way through chilwell. so are you off to sennelager straight after that? you'll need to save a space at the bar for me 8)

im not too sure how strict chilwell are? apparently on the dental side its pretty black or white, either you're dentally fit i.e. not likely to become a dental casualty within the next 6 months or your tusks are a bag of shite and they'll give you a big fcuk off pill! ive just had to spunk 350 quid on getting my gnashers in good order (last time i saw a dentist was on my release medical fm the RN 10 years ago :oops: )

on your other point, yep, i should hopefully be out in ze farzerland by late next month!

which sqn have you been allocated a pid?

the dental is what i'm worried about. i've never seen the dentist since 2004 and where i live you can't get any to see you. as for which SQN i haven't got a clue with anything thing like that

squigeypie said:
cormack said:
squigeypie said:
same here, it should be a rift
have you been told what job your doing? i'm allegedly down as a mastiff cmdr however we shall wait and see, as im cvrt qualled. i wouldnt like to be in one of those tin cans[/quote

Being in the Mastiff coy right now i would not want to be in anything less you could probably do with a BV for the winter tour though

cormack said:
the dental is what i'm worried about. i've never seen the dentist since 2004 and where i live you can't get any to see you. as for which SQN i haven't got a clue with anything thing like that
Go private and save yourself the embarrassment of being f**ked off by Chilwell and the eternal piss taking by your mates.

Just ask how much a check up is before you agree to an appointment.

msr

msr said:
cormack said:
Go private and save yourself the embarrassment of being f**ked off by Chilwell and the eternal urine taking by your mates.

Just ask how much a check up is before you agree to an appointment.

msr
I totally agree, i thought my teeth were fine, then after the check up i needed 3 fillings, an extraction and a trip to the hygeneist!

Squidypie, ive spoke to the RCMO a few times and he seems to think that jobs etc will be decided later. I have apparently been posted to A sqn but he said that its subject to change. Looks as though im going to be employed in a support tpr role....Nice!

im off to chilwell in two weeks and on my mobilisation forms it says to bring all issued kit, ive been told by the guys who have been through before not to bother as i will get issued shit loads of it when im thier. anyone got any ideas

Latest Threads