herrick 9

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by squigeypie, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is there anyone due to deploy on this tour who hasnt had their letter yet? ive not had mine as yet and now have less then 4 weeks before chilwell, i thought they would have this in order by now. ive still to drop this on my employer.

2. I understand that JPA is playing merry havoc with the mobilisations for Herrick 9. Something to do with the JPA equivalent of a Line Serial Number for your Regular Unit not being issued from the bowels of JPA, therefore you can not be mobilised by Glasgow.

So chances are that you may not be mobilised in time and you will look like a complete c@ck in front of your civie employer.

3. Corrunna Coy, 6 Rifles at Chilwell now.

4. i put put my name down last month and got my papers last monday. i'm off to chilwell on the 14th july

5. On behalf of Imjin Coy; pull the pin now lads - save yourselves before it's too late :twisted:

On a more serious note, bring webbing with you in September - manbags are no use. And beg, borrow or steal more UBACs shirts - the yanks go mad for them :D

6. i put my name down a couple of months ago now, had the verbal from CO but still no letter. i havent told my firm yet as i was going on the pretense that ive been compulsory called up. ive told my immiediate boss today that ive had a warning and my letters in the post. still a poor show on glasgow/whoevers side.

7. Nope, nada.

8. [quote="squigeypie]
    i put my name down a couple of months ago now, had the verbal from CO but still no letter. i havent told my firm yet as i was going on the pretense that ive been compulsory called up. ive told my immiediate boss today that ive had a warning and my letters in the post. still a poor show on glasgow/whoevers side.[/quote]

that's what i did told my immiediate boss then the firm when my letter came through. what unit are you going out with?

9. same here, it should be a rift

10. Im off on ftrs with QDG, up to chilwell for my prep day next week. Properly looking forward to it, especially the tour.

11. same here mate. hopfully i can bluff my way through chilwell. so are you off to sennelager straight after that? you'll need to save a space at the bar for me 8)

12. im not too sure how strict chilwell are? apparently on the dental side its pretty black or white, either you're dentally fit i.e. not likely to become a dental casualty within the next 6 months or your tusks are a bag of shite and they'll give you a big fcuk off pill! ive just had to spunk 350 quid on getting my gnashers in good order (last time i saw a dentist was on my release medical fm the RN 10 years ago :oops: )

on your other point, yep, i should hopefully be out in ze farzerland by late next month!

which sqn have you been allocated a pid?

13. the dental is what i'm worried about. i've never seen the dentist since 2004 and where i live you can't get any to see you. as for which SQN i haven't got a clue with anything thing like that

14. have you been told what job your doing? i'm allegedly down as a mastiff cmdr however we shall wait and see, as im cvrt qualled. i wouldnt like to be in one of those tin cans