Herrick 13 Mobilisaton - Chilwel Q

Hello Peeps & Peepettes,

Im due to be at Chilwel in July for mob - maybe like a few of you good sorts, though I thought if there would be any chance of getting a day off during the mob, my OH is a bit of an athlete and is racing (in europe) on the weekend and although I could get over to see the race,leaving Friday evening, there is no chance I could get back for the Monday, its the 2nd Monday.

I know its highly unlikely but is there any chance at all?

Thanks

Due to the amount of admin and testing that will be going on Im guessing your answer will be no. In my experience, lads have been RTU'd for failing one test so if you are going to miss a whole day then I doubt you will be accepted into service. Good luck to the OH anyway

definetly no time off given, i needed to see a dentist urgently up there and they would even let me miss the SERE lesson even though i already hold a higher qualification

I'm interested to see that your mob date for H13 is July. I'm looking at a Mob date of November for H14. .....

definetly no time off given, i needed to see a dentist urgently up there and they would even let me miss the SERE lesson even though i already hold a higher qualification
If you'd been any good on SERE, you'd have been able to miss the lesson and nobody would have noticed.

Dakota_Stab: [GeekVoice] Uh, actually I hold a higher qualification than this lesson may I be excused?[/Geekvoice]
DS: Shut up and sit down Catweasel.

IIRC you get the second weekend off, only if you have passed things like the CFT, PFT and things.

If not then you end up on remedial PT over the weekend and then straight back into it on the monday, however I may be wrong as its been a while since I went through.

However if you miss a lesson you go home, end of

A higher qualification than SERE, whats that then? You weren't the one that got away where you :D

Chilwell walts...there were no weekends off in the heyday...

National Shell Filling Factory, Chilwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1918 Explosion
A substantial part of the National Shell Filling Factory was destroyed in an explosion of eight tons of TNT on 1 July 1918. In all 137 people were killed, of whom only 32 could be positively identified, and a further 250 were injured. The unidentified bodies are in a mass grave in Attenborough churchyard. The blast was reportedly heard twenty miles away.

The factory returned to work for the war effort the next day, and within one month of the disaster reportedly achieved its highest weekly production.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Multinational HQ 27
nomadcelt Classified Ads 18
3 Army Reserve 37