Heroines

Delete the 'es' from the thread title and give the piss dribbling gorgon a massive dose of what's left.

Are the anarchists still planning a mass party in Hyde Park upon her demise?

In response to my post in the Heroes thread:

Noah's wife - Her name might be Naamah, or Emzara, but who really gives a fuck. She had the sense to leave Noah alone whilst he was in his shed building a boat.
Deborah - The only one of the Judges who was a woman, Deborah led the Israelites before Gideon, and is known as the 'Mother of Israel'. Her life story is told in the film 'Deborah does Damascus'.
Miriam - Moses' big sister, and the real power behind the throne.
Delilah - A snake with tits, but the epitome of the femme fatale.
Rahab the Prostitute - Not much explanation needed really, though you might be vaguely interested to know that she was handled by Joshua.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I might have read somewhere that xena had her tits out on something else but cant for the life of me remember where I saw it.

what about wonder woman? she was an inspiration to me - allways pick girls in little outfits with nice hair, big smile and very lump jumpers :)

Ma maw.

Your maw.

Their maw.

Every other woman want's to be a man. I married one.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Queen Elizabeth the First: speech to parliament November 30th, 1601.

"..I do assure you there is no prince that loves his subjects better, or whose love can countervail our love. There is no jewel, be it of never so rich a price, which I set before this jewel: I mean your love. For I do esteem it more than any treasure or riches; for that we know how to prize, but love and thanks I count invaluable. And, though God hath raised me high, yet this I count the glory of my Crown, that I have reigned with your loves. This makes me that I do not so much rejoice that God hath made me to be a Queen, as to be a Queen over so thankful a people. Therefore I have cause to wish nothing more than to content the subject and that is a duty which I owe. Neither do I desire to live longer days than I may see your prosperity and that is my only desire. And as I am that person still yet, under God, hath delivered you and so I trust by the almighty power of God that I shall be His instrument to preserve you from every peril, dishonour, shame, tyranny and oppression, partly by means of your intended helps which we take very acceptably because it manifesteth the largeness of your good loves and loyalties unto your sovereign.

Of myself I must say this: I never was any greedy, scraping grasper, nor a strait fast-holding Prince, nor yet a waster. My heart was never set on any worldly goods. What you bestow on me, I will not hoard it up, but receive it to bestow on you again. Therefore render unto them I beseech you Mr Speaker, such thanks as you imagine my heart yieldeth, but my tongue cannot express. Mr Speaker, I would wish you and the rest to stand up for I shall yet trouble you with longer speech...

...To be a king and wear a crown is a thing more glorious to them that see it than it is pleasant to them that bear it. For myself I was never so much enticed with the glorious name of a King or royal authority of a Queen as delighted that God hath made me his instrument to maintain his truth and glory and to defend his kingdom as I said from peril, dishonour, tyranny and oppression. There will never Queen sit in my seat with more zeal to my country, care to my subjects and that will sooner with willingness venture her life for your good and safety than myself. For it is my desire to live nor reign no longer than my life and reign shall be for your good. And though you have had, and may have, many princes more mighty and wise sitting in this seat, yet you never had nor shall have, any that will be more careful and loving...
Wordsmith

Define Heroine, in the modern sense what is seen as Heroic qualities?
Something for each and everyone of us to define in their own mind. In my case the following spring to mind: Sacrifice, Determination, Loyalty, Courage, Dedication, Intrepidity, Valour, Selflessness, Conviction, Focus, Gallantry, Perseverance, Fortitude and Bravery

Something for each and everyone of us to define in their own mind. In my case the following spring to mind: Sacrifice, Determination, Loyalty, Courage, Dedication, Intrepidity, Valour, Selflessness, Conviction, Focus, Gallantry, Perseverance, Fortitude and Bravery
Basically if the tabloids define them as heroes... they aren't.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FORMER_FYRDMAN Military History and Militaria 0