Heroes versus *********

Walking around his garden?

I’m offended.

jg505

Old-Salt
The scandal of allowing flights to keep coming in to the UK is one that hasn't raised its head yet. If its for repatriations then all well and good. But we should not still be repatriating people 3-4 weeks into this. And, figures show 15,000 a day landing at Heathrow; that can't all be repatriations. Tourists/visitors from every corner of the world are still allowed here(without being checked); yet the population is locked up. Makes a total mockery of the general population. Why should we be looking over our shoulders when going to buy a loaf of bread when Mr Miyagi from Wuhan can fly in unchecked and have free rein.
I'm not sure if this was a dig at what I said but I absolutely agree with you 100%.

There's a lot of people out there, tossing the government off for not repatriating them, when they went on holiday/overseas just on or after lockdown.

As well as these oxygen thieves, we have the people you mention above. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally behind the government but if what you say is true,then I'm not surprised the daily death count is still high.

I'm not sure if this was a dig at what I said but I absolutely agree with you 100%.

There's a lot of people out there, tossing the government off for not repatriating them, when they went on holiday/overseas just on or after lockdown.

As well as these oxygen thieves, we have the people you mention above. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally behind the government but if what you say is true,then I'm not surprised the daily death count is still high.
Not a dig at you

The scandal of allowing flights to keep coming in to the UK is one that hasn't raised its head yet. If its for repatriations then all well and good. But we should not still be repatriating people 3-4 weeks into this. And, figures show 15,000 a day landing at Heathrow; that can't all be repatriations. Tourists/visitors from every corner of the world are still allowed here(without being checked); yet the population is locked up. Makes a total mockery of the general population. Why should we be looking over our shoulders when going to buy a loaf of bread when Mr Miyagi from Wuhan can fly in unchecked and have free rein.
Fact - a British Airways B747 can carry over one million face masks when the passenger compartment is being used as well as the freight/baggage holds....and that is what some of them are being used for.

How many 'tourists' do you have evidence of?

Fact - a British Airways B747 can carry over one million face masks when the passenger compartment is being used as well as the freight/baggage holds....and that is what some of them are being used for.

How many 'tourists' do you have evidence of?
Fact- there are no restrictions on travellers coming to the UK. (These) are not cargo flights.

This is the 'restrictions' on travellers to the UK:
Following the World Health Organization’s declaration that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a public health emergency of international concern, enhanced monitoring is in place for all flights. This includes the provision of advice leaflets, precautionary measures and having Public Health England (PHE) colleagues and doctors on site.

Provision of leaflets is our enhanced passenger screening for COVID-19.

No restrictions on any traveller. But why am I surprised, we have never ever been serious about controlling our borders, even when there is a pandemic. These people are jumping onto trains, buses, into taxis and disappearing off into the country.

Last edited:
Fact- there are no restrictions on travellers coming to the UK. (These) are not cargo flights.

This is the 'restrictions' on travellers to the UK:
Following the World Health Organization’s declaration that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a public health emergency of international concern, enhanced monitoring is in place for all flights. This includes the provision of advice leaflets, precautionary measures and having Public Health England (PHE) colleagues and doctors on site.

Provision of leaflets is our enhanced passenger screening for COVID-19.

No restrictions on any traveller. But why am I surprised, we have never ever been serious about controlling our borders, even when there is a pandemic. These people are jumping onto trains, buses, into taxis and disappearing off into the country.
But there are natural restrictions — there are hardly any flights in comparison to ‘normality’ which is why airlines have furloughed huge numbers of staff and some have gone under.

And to make you spontaneously combust - the face masks come from....China!

But there are natural restrictions — there are hardly any flights in comparison to ‘normality’ which is why airlines have furloughed huge numbers of staff and some have gone under.

And to make you spontaneously combust - the face masks come from....China!
But there are still flights. And no restrictions upon who comes and where they go when they get here.

If they're coming from China i wouldn't use them.

But there are still flights. And no restrictions upon who comes and where they go when they get here.

If they're coming from China i wouldn't use them.
Suit yourself.

jg505

Old-Salt
Interesting news article on BBC website (apologies it's from the BBC) but more and more countries are now starting to question China's response and the fact that the outbreak may be from a laboratory in Wuhan, rather than the reported food market.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory :)

BBC News - Coronavirus: Macron questions China's handling of outbreak

NSP

LE
On flights, at least three Chinese aircraft in the area of this map at this time:-

Attachments

'Roo'. If you said it in a French accent he'd have Corrected you. Agree on the last ****, though; a real prick, and a bully who thought that his bullying equated to being an impressive Leader of Men.
Rue Rencher? You're streets ahead of me there. Anyway, aka Pom Rencher.

I'm intrigued about the Brig, did he become an MEP? If it is him he was the GSO2 when I arrived in Berlin. In fact I was given a defensive brief on arrival, at CP B in fact, before penetrating any further into the sector.

Apologies for not sticking to the topic of Wuhan Bat Flu/NHS.

Caroline Quentin wore a nurses uniform in Men Behaving Badly. I'd have a very hard spot if she were to pop in wearing her nursey kit and it would end very messily!
If Leslie Ash tried to pop in wearing nursery kit, she wouldn't get over the doorstep before I'd
Screenshot_20200419-122600_DuckDuckGo.jpg
end messily.:hump:
Morning @devexwarrior,
FFOC!
Screenshot_20200419-123018_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-122916_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Rue Rencher? You're streets ahead of me there. Anyway, aka Pom Rencher.

I'm intrigued about the Brig, did he become an MEP? If it is him he was the GSO2 when I arrived in Berlin. In fact I was given a defensive brief on arrival, at CP B in fact, before penetrating any further into the sector.

Apologies for not sticking to the topic of Wuhan Bat Flu/NHS.
No, different chap. The MEP was at one time OC at Repton (SIW). Best remembered in my time for being laid out in the gym when he asked for a volunteer to attack him, and his 2ic stepped forward before anyone else could get in on the act. It was a mighty punch.

Latest Threads