Heroes versus *********

Cue large increase in discarded takeaway packaging around the road verges of the UK - particularly from the first two businesses. Obese chavs will be celebrating across the country after enduring 3 weeks of pot noodles and Cuppa Soups!

When this lockdown first started - there was hardly anyone out and about - when I go out I see a lot more people out and about - more family groups with children out walking - although they are following guidelines more and more people are venturing out - I walked pass a factory and some builders putting up a small bungalow - no 2 meters separation between workers

Shops - Waitrose has employed security and enforce 1 in 1 out - Just been to lidl not packed but quite a few people meandering around

I have to say that when going shopping I take my own bag no trolley or basket get what is on my list then pay and out

More traffic on the roads where I am

Archie

Cue large increase in discarded takeaway packaging around the road verges of the UK - particularly from the first two businesses. Obese chavs will be celebrating across the country after enduring 3 weeks of pot noodles and Cuppa Soups!
The story says it's for deliveries only.So look for gardens full of their wrappers!

The story says it's for deliveries only.So look for gardens full of their wrappers!
A transient thought yesterday, as passing a local chippy who, apparently, does deliveries.
If one was to stand in the car park, could a delivery be ordered to that location?

As this was in the Int Corps forum I thought this would be about Int Corps types...

The late Rue Rencher... - Hero
Capt Bill W... - Hero
WO2 Dixie... well, you get the idea

Capt Raspberry - erm, not a hero...
Brigadier **** NFM - see above

I am so disappointed...
Would the Brigadier you refer to have the same surname as a certain motor car manufacturer?

anglo

LE
Seems a lot of people are having a go at the government, a lot of this and that is wrong,
it doesn't matter what they did/do in the eyes of somebody it would be wrong,
We needed a lot of equipment in very short order, as we make FA in this country
any more, how the freck do we speed things up, the short answer is we can't,
We as a people want cheap goods, so products get outsourced to China,
now as come back to bite us on the arse big time, we are left with no equipment,
no material supply in great enough quantity and no production plant to make it
Next time someone wants to complain, start by saying which country as fared better than us,
and what they would have done at the start of this pandemic, that's every step from start to finish
Hindsight always as 20/20 vision
Example
When the country shut down was it
a] two early
b]just right
c] too late
People like Piers Morgan who knows FA needs to STFU,

Mate, he walked around his garden, possibly a bit strenuous for his age but not really up there with pulling children out of house fires.
He had the good fortune that the publicity pushed it up to 12 million mark, if he had got his original target of a grand, I doubt anyone would care about his effort.
He's a Second World War (and other conflicts) vet. During his long life, I suspect he has seen and done things a bit harder than pulling kids out of burning buildings.

If he wants to cut around his garden to earn a few quid, fair play to him. My donation has been submitted.

I don't even care that the NHS will likely spunk it on more 'Diversity Oficers' - I want to reward a hero.

He's a Second World War (and other conflicts) vet. During his long life, I suspect he has seen and done things a bit harder than pulling kids out of burning buildings.

If he wants to cut around his garden to earn a few quid, fair play to him. My donation has been submitted.

I don't even care that the NHS will likely spunk it on more 'Diversity Oficers' - I want to reward a hero.
Why would you suspect that? Lots of people in ww2 saw very little action. Just as lots of people went to Afghanistan and saw very little action.
Unless of course, you mean, Veteran = Hero.
Hes done a good thing but dont kick the arse out of it.

NSP

LE
Sam Smith crying in his £12 million mansion that he can't cope with the isolation. Old soldier raises £12 million by dealing with the isolation. Now, what we need is someone in a £20 million mansion crying about it and the old guy doing the business till he gets to £20 million. Then, someone in a £30 million...
Who the fornication is Sam Bloody Smith, other than a complete wet-blanket no-mark drip....?

Snigger...

Meanwhile, it seems that the Antishiner is threatening to sue an NHS Trust over something minor (when weighed against the other things they have more pressing worries about at the moment), the grandstanding c***...

Journos (Morgan and Robinson et al) need to remember Teddy Roosevelt:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

As this was in the Int Corps forum I thought this would be about Int Corps types...

The late Rue Rencher... - Hero
Capt Bill W... - Hero
WO2 Dixie... well, you get the idea

Capt Raspberry - erm, not a hero...
Brigadier **** NFM - see above

I am so disappointed...
'Roo'. If you said it in a French accent he'd have Corrected you. Agree on the last ****, though; a real prick, and a bully who thought that his bullying equated to being an impressive Leader of Men.

Who the fornication is Sam Bloody Smith, other than a complete wet-blanket no-mark drip....?

Snigger...

Meanwhile, it seems that the Antishiner is threatening to sue an NHS Trust over something minor (when weighed against the other things they have more pressing worries about at the moment), the grandstanding c***...
You would think that the stupid cünt Jolyon Maugham QC would be clever enough to know that Covid-19 is a Notifiable Disease, and as such, physicians have a legal obligation to record it. Any advice to the contrary would be illegal on the part of, in this instance, the Trust, and as they probably know the legislation better than Maugham, they won't have done that.

Bump up the salary on this one a bit?
1.jpg

(Top job on the Graun's list).

'Roo'. If you said it in a French accent he'd have Corrected you. Agree on the last ****, though; a real prick, and a bully who thought that his bullying equated to being an impressive Leader of Men.
Oops! Spelling mistake corrected (it's been a long day sat in front of the computer - I think my brain is fried)! MInd you, that would have cost me a beer back in the day when I worked for Roo... :D

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that ****'s leadership and management skills could have been written on the back of a postage stamp (with room left over for the Lord's Prayer)...

Once saw him insult three Corps Sncos to their faces in front of the whole unit (me being one of them). If anything it confirmed that I'd made the right decision to quit. :)

The NHS will come out of this as Hero`s and they will bask in the reflected glory

The shit storm that is now uncovered is that the NHS hospitals have discharged older folk with CoVid back into care homes where it puts other residents and poorly paid and equipped staff at risk

The Nurses / Doctors / ancillary staff are doing a sterling job under extremity difficult circumstances, 'our' NHS organisation and management is failing

Archie
Fixed and in bold (not that I consider it 'our' NHS).

I'm not being argumentative here, but why do you think that?

What government/country will come out of this well? The government is paying £billions to support wages for people on furlough. It's a completely no win situation. Had Boris shut down the country earlier, he'd have been slated. When he shut it down, he was slated, then slated for not doing it any earlier.

Then there's the whole PPE issue. To supply the whole NHS with PPE, at the drop of a hat would mean having dozens of RAF sized hangars simply full of PPE. PPE is lifed so imagine the waste of NHS money replacing out of date PPE, over the last 40 yrs or so.

Putting NHS, and care home staff, workers in danger, due to limited amounts of PPE is wrong, but the Government haven't done it on purpose, unlike Blair and the Labour government starting a war when there wasn't enough body armour to go around.

If I have a gripe, I don't believe we have been testing enough people, and I said that back in mid March. I think the government need to up their game in this area, rapid.
The scandal of allowing flights to keep coming in to the UK is one that hasn't raised its head yet. If its for repatriations then all well and good. But we should not still be repatriating people 3-4 weeks into this. And, figures show 15,000 a day landing at Heathrow; that can't all be repatriations. Tourists/visitors from every corner of the world are still allowed here(without being checked); yet the population is locked up. Makes a total mockery of the general population. Why should we be looking over our shoulders when going to buy a loaf of bread when Mr Miyagi from Wuhan can fly in unchecked and have free rein.

Latest Threads