Heroes versus *********

jg505

Old-Salt
Sorry, meant to add. I was reading Trump's damning views on the World Health Organisation, and I think he's pretty much spot on. How anyone can believe anything that China say is plain crazy. On China's word alone, the WHO said the virus was not capable of passing from human to human, completely ignoring scientific findings in Taiwan.

Then the WHO said it might be passing from human to human. They then said there were no reasons to stop international travel, just as Trump closed down the USA. Then they did a complete U turn on just about everything they'd said.

If anyone should come out of this, stinking of sh!t then it's China but I doubt anything will be laid at their doorstep.

Here I am at home in lockdown typing away to earn a crust...
I have watched Captain Tom quietly and modestly raise £12million for good causes......
I then read about Piers Morgan being a **** and asking cuntish questions...
Discuss.
Captain Tom. good on him. Can't help thinking it would have been nice if he'd made Major. Maybe someone could have written a song about him?

Watched a segment of a Piers Morgan interview. He argued his point using figures reported in the Daily Mail. 'Nuff said?

On "Breakfast" (CoVid TV) it was reported that some politician, while being vigorously questioned, literally tore the head off the interviewer. That I would like to have seen.

Ever since the Daily Mirror photographs on his watch, I have been unable to watch him or read any of his output. I believe he is an egotistical ‘look at me’ knob who loves the celebrity lifestyle and nothing he says or does will change that opinion. It is easy to lob verbal hand grenades at hapless Politicians.
Yes, he is an odious tit. On the other hand the politicians should be willing, able and wanting to answer the questions. If they are not smart enough to show him for the tit he is, they should not be doing the job.

Literal appears to be the new figurative. Broadcast English is very difficult to decipher by anybody schooled in and practising Standard Modern English when it turns to Tw*t B*ll*cks Speaky-Like Thing.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Endoscope

War Hero
I spent yesterday swab testing 50 nhs staff. It's a new, unprecedented, skill set to learn, takes 2 minutes to actually swab the suspect. But probably 30 in pre and post admin / paperwork. Get it wrong and the test is pointless. Its knackering and draining. It's new for all of us. It takes an eternity to change ppe between patients and to clean yourself down.

Sorry we're not efficient enough

Chef

LE
The current situation is a poisoned chalice for any ruling body. As each question posed by the fourth estate is dealt with they seem to find a new 'awkward' As an example:

'The NHS will be swamped, why aren't there more ventilators and ICUs?' Cue the Nightingale Hospital.

Now it's:

'The Nightingale Hospital isn't rammed why isn't it converted to looking after the elderly covid sufferers?'

And so on ad infinitum

Reading some of the criticism of the government on this and other forums. I think it's a shame that we don't have a coalition of national unity in the form of the media and opposition running things as they have all the answers and ask all the right questions. (Quite often with perfect hindsight).

jg505

Old-Salt
I spent yesterday swab testing 50 nhs staff. It's a new, unprecedented, skill set to learn, takes 2 minutes to actually swab the suspect. But probably 30 in pre and post admin / paperwork. Get it wrong and the test is pointless. Its knackering and draining. It's new for all of us. It takes an eternity to change ppe between patients and to clean yourself down.

Sorry we're not efficient enough
You're doing a fantastic job. Apparently the swab test is really intrusive, right deep in the back of the throat, then the nose gets a proper seeing to.

Keep up the good work.

kimmi851

War Hero
The NHS will come out of this as Hero`s and they will bask in the reflected glory

The shit storm that is now uncovered is that the NHS hospitals have discharged older folk with CoVid back into care homes where it puts other residents and poorly paid and equipped staff at risk

The Nurses / Doctors / ancillary staff are doing a sterling job under extremity difficult circumstances, the NHS organisation and management is failing

Archie
"Its Tommy, this and Tommy that and Tommy go away, but..." - Rudyard Kipling got the fact that todays hero can easily, and all too often is, tomorrow's enemy in the UK.

Yes, he is an odious tit. On the other hand the politicians should be willing, able and wanting to answer the questions. If they are not smart enough to show him for the tit he is, they should not be doing the job.
It has been mentioned before on here about how Morgan controls the narrative in an aggressive manner. Talks over his guests and if someone says something he does not like, he will terminate the interview.
I assume he's good for ratings?

It has been mentioned before on here about how Morgan controls the narrative in an aggressive manner. Talks over his guests and if someone says something he does not like, he will terminate the interview.
Probably a bit of truth there.
People do like to be in safe sidelines ( including these key board SAS types) battling away in their little bubble by proxy.
Human nature.

Sam Smith crying in his £12 million mansion that he can't cope with the isolation. Old soldier raises £12 million by dealing with the isolation. Now, what we need is someone in a £20 million mansion crying about it and the old guy doing the business till he gets to £20 million. Then, someone in a £30 million...
I reckon we should work out further ways to make Sam Smith cry then apply them and stream it.

That would raise a few bob, the ******* fanny.

Capt Raspberry****** - erm, not a hero...
Brigadier F*** NFM - see above

I am so disappointed...
Sometimes you have to be careful what you say as it can have a ripple effect, particularly dangerous even when crossing a shallow Ford.

I'm not being argumentative here, but why do you think that?

What government/country will come out of this well? The government is paying £billions to support wages for people on furlough. It's a completely no win situation. Had Boris shut down the country earlier, he'd have been slated. When he shut it down, he was slated, then slated for not doing it any earlier.

Then there's the whole PPE issue. To supply the whole NHS with PPE, at the drop of a hat would mean having dozens of RAF sized hangars simply full of PPE. PPE is lifed so imagine the waste of NHS money replacing out of date PPE, over the last 40 yrs or so.

Putting NHS, and care home staff, workers in danger, due to limited amounts of PPE is wrong, but the Government haven't done it on purpose, unlike Blair and the Labour government starting a war when there wasn't enough body armour to go around.

If I have a gripe, I don't believe we have been testing enough people, and I said that back in mid March. I think the government need to up their game in this area, rapid.
Just an opinion - I think they are just about managing (to coin phrase) - At the moment they appear to be a listless - rudderless, they are just about in command of their brief.

I don't think that people will continue with this lockdown for too long, without some kind of end in sight, I can see now that people are relaxing the restrictions

Quite soon someone is going to have to come up to the mark and say what is going to happen next week and the week after that.

I don`t think that they get their 100K test target by the end of the month

Archie

Archie

Oops

War Hero
I presume he honed his trade whilst in 'merica.
His style reminds me of someone with an awfully orange suntan, I believe he lives over there too.
My missus thinks he's ace 'cos he gets to the truth'
I'm of the opinion the ' truth' has many more nuances.
However, being a R4 listener, I'm beginning to wonder who's the stoopid one.
Mr Hancock do nearly lost the plot with Robinson this morning, I wish they would more often.

jg505

Old-Salt
@Archibald agree they certainly need some direction.

As for the lockdown, in our area, my new garage door and window have just been fitted. The 'gardener' is coming to remove my dismantled shed and the local car valeter is starting work again. All working alone and all following the social distancing guidelines.

I suppose you could argue is their travel essential, but with no money coming in to buy food with, what are they to do?

It could rapidly unravel for the government if people start to ignore the lockdown, how could they enforce it, put troops on the streets?

Latest Threads