Heroes versus *********

Fritzy

Clanker
Here I am at home in lockdown typing away to earn a crust.

I have watched Captain Tom quietly and modestly raise £12million for good causes. A hero. The Covid 19 event is incredibly complex, and no country has managed it well. Some better than others, but the demographics, population densities, and many other factors need to be taken into account.

I then read about Piers Morgan being a **** and asking cuntish questions that it would be impossible to answer due to the lack of information available, or for OpSec purposes are being kept quiet. I agree with holding Governments to account, but Piers Morgan is still a ****.

Discuss.

I have watched Captain Tom quietly and modestly raise £12million for good causes. A hero. The Covid 19 event is incredibly complex, and no country has managed it well. Some better than others, but the demographics, population densities, and many other factors need to be taken into account.

I then read about Piers Morgan being a **** and asking cuntish questions that it would be impossible to answer due to the lack of information available, or for OpSec purposes are being kept quiet. I agree with holding Governments to account, but Piers Morgan is still a ****.

Discuss.
Curiously enough, a lot of people who hate his guts are giving him respect for asking the right questions for once in his life.

I have watched Captain Tom quietly and modestly raise £12million for good causes. A hero.

Discuss.
Mate, he walked around his garden, possibly a bit strenuous for his age but not really up there with pulling children out of house fires.
He had the good fortune that the publicity pushed it up to 12 million mark, if he had got his original target of a grand, I doubt anyone would care about his effort.

Curiously enough, a lot of people who hate his guts are giving him respect for asking the right questions for once in his life.
Agree, with as much of a grudge as I would donate a month's pension to an Arab oil Sheik.
Little wonder no politicians go near his programs right now. Takes an utter sociopath & general cvnt to deal it out to one I guess, and "they don't like it up 'em Sah"

Discuss.
From what I can see Morgan is asking questions that pinpoint the deficiencies of the Government and Cabinet

That Minister that went against his own advice - bushed over now

That creature Whatley the Health Minister laughing when Morgan asked her a question about the deaths in Care Homes her area of responsibility

When all this shit has passed over - I don`t think that the Government is going to coming out of this very well

Archie

I also note that they are refusing interviews from any media that does not have sycophantic tendencies, C4 being the latest.

I fear they are forgetting democracy and resorting to a bunker cabinet regime.

When all this shit has passed over - I don`t think that the Government is going to coming out of this very well
Archie
I'd like to think not as well Archie.
I've a sneaky instinct, based on nothing at all, that by the time the plague is finished or depleted to a level that allows the UK to begin it's rebuild , eyes will be focused on redressing eye-watering unemployment, collapsed businesses,the economy in tatters, re-visiting the NHS structures...you name it...that retributions & investigations will either not happen or if they do, plenty time for those potentially found wanting to be creative in ring-fencing themselves but "they" will do well to recognise that Joe Public is their collective & cyclical ballot box employer.;)
Although, I do think there will be many all party committee blood lettings, for as usual in politics the long knives are likely being honed even now.

Mate, he walked around his garden, possibly a bit strenuous for his age but not really up there with pulling children out of house fires.
He had the good fortune that the publicity pushed it up to 12 million mark, if he had got his original target of a grand, I doubt anyone would care about his effort.
I can't help thinking that when the liberal, revisionist snowflakes re-write history they will have his effort recorded as one of the great military cock ups of all time.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Watched a couple of minutes of the interview with Morgan and the tart beside him and the Health Secretary. Both Morgan and tart were asking questions then not allowing Hancock to answer. Almost as soon as he started they were jumping in and interrupting. Hancock, to his great credit just sat there and took it. If it had been me I would have told Morgan to wind his neck in and if he asked a question at least have the balls to listen to the answer. Turned over after a few minutes as I was getting a bit heated!

I can't help thinking that when the liberal, revisionist snowflakes re-write history they will have his effort recorded as one of the great military cock ups of all time.
If the Yorkshire regiment who rocked up at his gaff for a few photos this morning pass on the Corona virus to the poor old sod, it probably will.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The reason he got so much publicity, especially from BBC, is the Beeb have feck all else to report, or are just ignoring anything non Covid-19 related!

Matt Hancock had a interview with Specky Robinson - Radio 4 this morning

Say the public cannot be trusted with knowing what the exit strategy is, and needs to concentrate on the message stay at home

I for one am now bored with the whole thing - with no end in sight - I have been monitoring the cases tested in my county and thankfully however they are quite low, but increasing daily

Archie

Arkanstigger

War Hero
That creature Whatley the Health Minister laughing when Morgan asked her a question about the deaths in Care Homes her area of responsibility
I'm going to feel soiled and dirty (and not in a good way) for saying this, but:

I watched the interview and Morgan said something along the lines of "Look at this headline! Look! What do you say about that!"

She then gave a bit of a nervous laugh and pointed out she couldn't see him as she was just looking at a camera, not watching TV, so she had no idea what it said, at which point he had already launched into his "Laughing at the dead" rant.

However the rest of the interview was spot on. All she could do was keep repeating her list of stock phrases, with no clue how to actually answer a question with a coherent response.

Unfortunately that nonsense has spread across the country. I sit in meetings and listen to muppets with massive egos spout shite about "battle rhythms", "we've done a deep dive from the bottom up" and "jumping off the burning platform". Sadly it seems the way to advancement is to repeat the bollocks in subsequent meetings. Why should the Government be any different?

The NHS will come out of this as Hero`s and they will bask in the reflected glory

The shit storm that is now uncovered is that the NHS hospitals have discharged older folk with CoVid back into care homes where it puts other residents and poorly paid and equipped staff at risk

The Nurses / Doctors / ancillary staff are doing a sterling job under extremity difficult circumstances, the NHS organisation and management is failing

Archie

She then gave a bit of a nervous laugh and pointed out she couldn't see him as she was just looking at a camera, not watching TV, so she had no idea what it said, at which point he had already launched into his "Laughing at the dead" rant.

One would have thought that Ministers working at home had dual screens so that they can see what is happening on the programme

Archie

Discuss.
As this was in the Int Corps forum I thought this would be about Int Corps types...

The late Roo Rencher... - Hero
Capt Bill W... - Hero
WO2 Dixie... well, you get the idea

Capt Raspberry - erm, not a hero...
Brigadier **** NFM - see above

I am so disappointed...

Last edited:
Ever since the Daily Mirror photographs on his watch, I have been unable to watch him or read any of his output. I believe he is an egotistical ‘look at me’ knob who loves the celebrity lifestyle and nothing he says or does will change that opinion. It is easy to lob verbal hand grenades at hapless Politicians.

jg505

Old-Salt

Archie
I'm not being argumentative here, but why do you think that?

What government/country will come out of this well? The government is paying £billions to support wages for people on furlough. It's a completely no win situation. Had Boris shut down the country earlier, he'd have been slated. When he shut it down, he was slated, then slated for not doing it any earlier.

Then there's the whole PPE issue. To supply the whole NHS with PPE, at the drop of a hat would mean having dozens of RAF sized hangars simply full of PPE. PPE is lifed so imagine the waste of NHS money replacing out of date PPE, over the last 40 yrs or so.

Putting NHS, and care home staff, workers in danger, due to limited amounts of PPE is wrong, but the Government haven't done it on purpose, unlike Blair and the Labour government starting a war when there wasn't enough body armour to go around.

If I have a gripe, I don't believe we have been testing enough people, and I said that back in mid March. I think the government need to up their game in this area, rapid.

Sam Smith crying in his £12 million mansion that he can't cope with the isolation. Old soldier raises £12 million by dealing with the isolation. Now, what we need is someone in a £20 million mansion crying about it and the old guy doing the business till he gets to £20 million. Then, someone in a £30 million...