"Hero" female police officer

She made the guys look like tw*ts. A brave lady.

She is a brave lady, but my word what a cake and arse party, seems to have left the car inadvertenly still going forward, takes cover using the cabin, which is glass windows of the non bullet proof variety and then seems to have to chamber each round manually... but as the vidoe shows, though under pressure and in a flap she did her job, shot the bad guy and survived unharmed!! She deserves a few beers that night and should thank her lucky stars! Well done her, very brave; but who the hell taught her how to shoot though? they need a kick in the arrse

Gutsy , gutsy gutsy and fast thinking under pressure, I don't think she chambered each round, she gets a stoppage on the 92? and she cleared the stoppage whilst still keeping eyes on the target and using her cruiser as cover.

So to review , whilst the brave male cops went hiding behind the dumpster, she jumps in and gives chase, gets opened up on by the perp at the Junction ,stops, makes a lightning decision to use the cruiser as a mobile blockade, jumps out leaving it in Drive+low , gets round the front, and jockeys for position to keep the target in sight , and clear her firing arc of civilian traffic. She gets a stoppage or needs a mag change does that and re-engages the target. She absolutely hesitates before opening fire on some occasions because she doesn't have a clear shot. At all times, she demonstrates situational awareness , checking her quarters. She absolutely suckered the perp into going fangs out after her, and she drops him.

Superb skills, I hope she got high commendation for that.

Looks more like she was lucky to me, hope she got billed for that windscreen, silly bint.

And I think the 'moving cover' of her car was down to the fact that she couldn't get out of there fast enough and she forgot to put the handbrake on.

PartTimePongo said:
Gutsy , gutsy gutsy and fast thinking under pressure, I don't think she chambered each round, she gets a stoppage on the 92? and she cleared the stoppage whilst still keeping eyes on the target and using her cruiser as cover.

So to review , whilst the brave male cops went hiding behind the dumpster, she jumps in and gives chase, gets opened up on by the perp at the Junction ,stops, makes a lightning decision to use the cruiser as a mobile blockade, jumps out leaving it in Drive+low , gets round the front, and jockeys for position to keep the target in sight , and clear her firing arc of civilian traffic. She gets a stoppage or needs a mag change does that and re-engages the target. She absolutely hesitates before opening fire on some occasions because she doesn't have a clear shot. At all times, she demonstrates situational awareness , checking her quarters. She absolutely suckered the perp into going fangs out after her, and she drops him.

Someone's sniffing round for a shag me thinks.....

PartTimePongo said:

I agree. I reckon the shot into the windscreen came from behind, through a side or rear window. She was using the screen pillars etc as cover and laminated screens aren't that bad a cover against a pistol round (better than nothing anyway!)

crap

How gutsy was Officer Bellis? Swingers of depleted uranium. The programme commentary is misleading and 'creatively edited' , here's what really happened, and I was right-ish :D

Bellis was first to confront the robber, 40 year old Gary Thomas Brown. She passed him in her squad car less than two blocks away from the bank at a busy intersection. Armed with a Colt AR 15 rifle,(Jesus!) Brown ambushed Bellis as she unwittingly drove past him. He fired through her passenger side window. Without putting the cruiser in park, Officer Bellis leaped from her car, drew her weapon, and engaged in a firefight with Brown. She may have hit him in the leg. Apparently his first shot struck her arm. Because of the wound, she limp-wristed
her shots, causing her gun to jam. She performed a tactical reload during this confrontation using her moving car as cover all the while.

Brown pulled out of the fight and headed into the parking lot of a nearby Walgreens store.

Cpl. Campbell saw the end of the Bellis-Brown firefight and watched Brown go to the parking lot. He backed his car away seeking suitable distance and cover, when he saw Sgt. Walsh pull past him and park across from Walgreen’s. He tried to warn Walsh but either the noise or radio problems kept Walsh from hearing him. Brown showed up adjacent to Sgt. Walsh’s car and began firing, riddling the police vehicle and striking Walsh in the leg, incapacitating him. Cambell was joined by Sgt. Hickey behind the cover of a business sign.

Lieutenants Campsey and Walling were behind Sgt. Walsh’s car. All opened fire on Brown, eventually killing him. All were armed with 40 caliber Glocks and began shooting at ranges of up to 40 yards. Brown was hit seven times and fell into Walsh’s car on top of the sergeant who had sought cover on the front seat of his vehicle

Many issues were raised by this incident:

Noise at the scene prevented responding officers from hearing information they needed. No one knew that Brown was armed with an assault rifle. Erroneous information was transmitted about an alleged second robber although the initial
call had specified only one bandit. The initial call referred to a “machine gun” but none of the responding officers was aware of Brown’s firepower.

There were concerns that Officer Bellis should have put her vehicle in park before exiting. Everyone, including Chief Watson and Bellis believe that action saved her life because she was able to use it as rolling cover during the shootout.

Her tactical reload during the firefight was considered textbook and the video is now used for training in Brentwood and elsewhere

Never Quit:

Bellis and Walsh never considered quitting in the midst of the confrontation. Walsh had to seek cover because of his wounds. Bellis could have sought safer cover when her gun jammed. She chose to continue the fight hoping to end the threat.
Hat off to you ma'am.
http://www.lineofduty.com/library/volume_8_program_3.pdf

Mmmmmmm, lucky they had all those cameras around to catch the moment eh ?............contrived or WHAT !!!!

The_Dragoon said:
Mmmmmmm, lucky they had all those cameras around to catch the moment eh ?............contrived or WHAT !!!!
All the shots except the one of the shooter falling over in the distance were police car cameras. As far as I can see they did what they were meant to which is gather useable evidence.

As for skills and drills, just cos it isn't Hollywod slick doesnt mean its worthless. She did it all with a round freshly lodged in her arm (its still there according to PTP's link) so I think she can be forgiven for not having the prettiest drills.

Plenty of misogynists in tonight! I bet if it was a bloke it would have all been "well done fella", but because it's a doris, it's 'clearly a setup'. How dare a woman get into a firefight, take a round and slot the baddie. The cheek!

Good on her. OK the vehicle thing was an error, but all in all she's showed a lot of bottle and shot some tosser who deserve it.