Herforder Pils

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by PapaGolf, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know if and where you can buy this from in England. Bit of a trek to load up on Herfy Handbags otherwise
  2. There was a thread on here about it not so long back, I don't think you can buy it any more in the UK.
  3. Sad but true.

On a positive note however, Warsteiner still remains one of the few local German town tipples to see its way onto our UK shelves. Macro definitely stock it, as I discovered during my mass hunt in prep for our house-warming back in June.

Gotta love a Wobbly! And a fine substitute for Herforder IMO :D
  4. Quick call to the brewery confirms: Herforder "not present on the English market at this time". Warsteiner is apparently handling the international distribution and want to push only one brand in the UK. :(

I take it Warsteiner still comes with a complementary packet of Asirin?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

If you're still looking for it, feel free to PM me, PapaGolf. I might be able to help.
  6. Where can you get wobbly by the crate?? I have seen it (and drunk it) on draft but never seen any crates of the stuff.
  7. my local Kaufland does them :D

but being as thats in Germany its hardly surprising :lol:
  8. Bastard
  9. Do they do Wobbly in Lidl?

Aren't the good old Yellow handbags blue nowadays?
  10. I've managed to get Dortmunder (DAB) in bottles from Aldi, with my weekly fix of Bratty's and Frikki's. Also a case of Dortmunder in half litre cans, from Makro. Which was good, cos i started boozing on my old man's stash of DAB when i was a pads brat. Looks like i'm posted back to the Fatherland in the New Year, so i'll be able to get squared away again. Many thanks for the replies. Heres to Gyros mit satsiki!
  11. Thanks, will have to find my nearest Lidl now :D
  12. actually it quite expensive(for germany) about 12euros for a crate of 20 bottles.

Some of the beer nowadays is 5euros for a crate.
    No wonder theres so many alkys here 8O
  13. Just to digress slightly, if anyone lives near Tidworth, there is a (close to the pukka thing, as you can get outside of Germany) Gyros Teller in the Lidl car park next to the Legion. So if you want a gyros, there you go. And he sells the big bottles of Currywurz ketchup
  14. Considering it is so rank that is surprising.

I'd drink Astra before I touched that cräp!
  15. Dont live anywhere near Tidworth but had sex with a deployed gunners wife there after a stag do a couple of months ago, can you enlighten me on a few things ? How come at the top end of the pads estate the scruffy wretches are sitting in 4 bedroom semi detached houses that wouldnt be out of place in f*cking deepest leafy Cambridgeshire and paying next to f*ck all for them ? And how come it takes 2 f*cking hours for the bus, on a Sunday morning to come so I could get to Salisbury so my mucker could pick me up ? Shocking place