Herforder Pils in the UK

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Feb 16, 2012.

?
  1. Frequently

49.0%
  2. Ocassionally

36.5%
  3. special occassions

4.2%
  4. Nah, I just like whinging about not being able to get it.

10.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Right you lot, we all bang on about it and how great it was and how it's so crap we can't get it in the UK.

I've had a chat with an importer and they've explained some of the logistical problems, such as the fact that a lot of German breweries still operate a deposit scheme on crates.

If it would be possible to bring it into the country who would seriously consider buying it?

2. Well, that depends on the cost model.

3. To be honest, German beer is only fit for consumption in Germany.

Anyone who drinks lager in the UK is a poof. Ask Jarrod if you dont believe me.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Absolutely, however unless I can actually present a case that there is an opportunity for the import company they can't even begin to look at it. Their head of purchasing is prepared to approach the brewery and see what can realistically be done.

5. I would prefer Warsteiner, a much nicer drop of beer.

MB

• Like Like x 5
  6. Your poll is missing ,"Nah, I prefer a pint of Tribute,keep you kraut piss"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lidl import a shit load of stuff from Germany. Can't they get Lidls to stock it for them?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Recently had a reunion with some lads I was in Osnatraz with in the late 80s and tried to get hold of a few yellow handbags but no joy in the UK. I would love to see it over here, I always thought it was much nicer than Becks which seems to be the omnipresent North German beer available over here, plus the yellow handbag 10 pack was sthe perfect party accessory!

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

You can get that in tesco and morrisons mate.

10. I prefer to actually fuck women, instead of talking about women I'd like to fuck whilst comparing the hop content of my beer with other like-minded ill-dressed people with hemp jumpers and poor personal hygene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

well I prefer Directors in a pulled pint, however I did/do like a cold German bier as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. They're blue handbags now I'm afraid.

This was taken at the Osnabrück Ibis a couple of years ago!

008.jpg

13. Sainsbury`s are selling Warsteiner, Bittburger etc at £1-89 per bottle. It would be interesting to know how much they give the brewers.

14. German lager drinkers wear leather shorts with braces so I know they dont fuck women.

Tribute drinkers fuck real ale drinking women .

Attached Files:

15. Cyclic, and who is the lovely little gwar then?