• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Herforder Pils in the UK

Would you buy herforder Pils if you could get it?

• Total voters
Right you lot, we all bang on about it and how great it was and how it's so crap we can't get it in the UK.

I've had a chat with an importer and they've explained some of the logistical problems, such as the fact that a lot of German breweries still operate a deposit scheme on crates.

If it would be possible to bring it into the country who would seriously consider buying it?

Well, that depends on the cost model.

Absolutely, however unless I can actually present a case that there is an opportunity for the import company they can't even begin to look at it. Their head of purchasing is prepared to approach the brewery and see what can realistically be done.

Recently had a reunion with some lads I was in Osnatraz with in the late 80s and tried to get hold of a few yellow handbags but no joy in the UK. I would love to see it over here, I always thought it was much nicer than Becks which seems to be the omnipresent North German beer available over here, plus the yellow handbag 10 pack was sthe perfect party accessory!

P

PrinceAlbert

Your poll is missing ,"Nah, I prefer a pint of Tribute,keep you kraut piss"
I prefer to actually fuck women, instead of talking about women I'd like to fuck whilst comparing the hop content of my beer with other like-minded ill-dressed people with hemp jumpers and poor personal hygene.

Recently had a reunion with some lads I was in Osnatraz with in the late 80s and tried to get hold of a few yellow handbags but no joy in the UK. I would love to see it over here, I always thought it was much nicer than Becks which seems to be the omnipresent North German beer available over here, plus the yellow handbag 10 pack was sthe perfect party accessory!
They're blue handbags now I'm afraid.

This was taken at the Osnabrück Ibis a couple of years ago!

008.jpg

I prefer to actually fuck women, instead of talking about women I'd like to fuck whilst comparing the hop content of my beer with other like-minded ill-dressed people with hemp jumpers and poor personal hygene.
German lager drinkers wear leather shorts with braces so I know they dont fuck women.

Tribute drinkers fuck real ale drinking women .

Attachments

When I moved about ten years ago we were moving from a house I had bought whilst still single. I left 30 empty Becks crates with the .5ltr bottles in. Each had been bought in Germany and the pfand paid. Even so it worked out at something like .75p a bottle for the beer.

I still have a crate of Herfy in my garage (full) and a bottle of schnapps waiting for the right ex-squaddy to call!

P

PrinceAlbert

Tribute drinkers fuck real ale drinking women .
No they don't. They talk about real ale women that they'd like to fuck, but will never get the opportunity.

Real ale drinking women fuck guys like me, because I can get pissed and have a laugh withough worrying if my pint has been stored for the regulatory 4 days, and not been disturbed.

C

cloudbuster

Herfy needs to be consumed in the right place, with the corresponding effect on the atmosphere, and that place isn't 2012.

Latest Threads