Herford: The day the circus came to town

8) The circus arrived in Herford one lazy summers evening so everybody went to see the animals, acrobats, clowns etc. This was an old fashioned type of circus and included a Boxing Ring with an old fashioned rather fat looking ex German heavyweight boxing champion. "Can anybody last three rounds with this man for a DM 100 prize". A hand was raised in the audience and in a soft Irish tone came the reply "I`m your man. Within a few seconds the fat German lay prostrate and so Paddy claimed his prize. After a while spent recovering, the challenge was asked again. This time a different hand was raised from the audience and in a rough English voice said "I am your man. With the first punch, again the fat German was left prostrate. You see, these two challengers from 7 Sig Regt were none other than the Irish Light heavyweight amateur boxing champion (also the Irish Decathlon champion) and the German Heavyweight amateur boxing champion (his mother was German). Not a bad nights work for these two fellas, so they followed the circus to Bielefeld and repeated their feats. They then followed the circus to other locations (he couldn`t refuse their challenges because the crowd would have lynched him), until the circus manager finally told them to Fcuck off (in German of course). Good memories eh! 8)

heidtheba
If, as you seem to portray, you are a serving sqaddie, I suggest you stop spending your life in “virtual reality” and get a REAL life! And before you come back, been there, done it, without a computer screen!!

helles-bells said:
heidtheba
If, as you seem to portray, you are a serving sqaddie, I suggest you stop spending your life in “virtual reality” and get a REAL life! And before you come back, been there, done it, without a computer screen!![/quote]

As have I Mrs? belles.

However, multiple threads, opened at the same time, with numbers before posts cause suspicion.

helles-bells said:
heidtheba
If, as you seem to portray, you are a serving sqaddie, I suggest you stop spending your life in “virtual reality” and get a REAL life! And before you come back, been there, done it, without a computer screen!!
And just because he likes tinternet, can he not be a real sqaddie with a real life :?

heidtheba said:
helles-bells said:
heidtheba
If, as you seem to portray, you are a serving sqaddie, I suggest you stop spending your life in “virtual reality” and get a REAL life! And before you come back, been there, done it, without a computer screen!![/quote]

As have I Mrs? belles.

However, multiple threads, opened at the same time, with numbers before posts cause suspicion.
apologies!
(mr) Helles

Any of you guys going to tell the "first hand" story of the guard commander going to a gang bang in the block and - shock horror - it's the guard commander's wife/daughter/mum?

PoisonDwarf said:
Any of you guys going to tell the "first hand" story of the guard commander going to a gang bang in the block and - shock horror - it's the guard commander's wife/daughter/mum?
No, bollox, PD, that was at Cattrick when I was there.

Seen it happen, and the lights were out, blah, blah,

Off to drink some wobbly now................

Hence my first post on this thread :roll:

A Circus once came to Minden in the early 80's - the Boxing ring was there
But the Boxer was a Mohammed Ali look-a-like (and sound-a-like)
He was shit hot!!
He fought two turkish spiks and 'toyed' with 'em before battering 'em

We had a black lad called 'Juma' who was a boxer from Bradford (?)
who at 6' 4'' was a handy lad...

Ali again 'toyed' with him for two rounds before going for the kill
he didn't put Juma out or even on the floor and I think it was a draw

Afterwards he told us he was a sparring partner for the real Ali
don't know if it was true but he was 'class' and was no mug

heidtheba said:
CAARPS said:
heidtheba said:
CAARPS said:
heidtheba said:
Cheers CAARPS, just because you won today :wink:
make a f*cking change :D :D
Yes it does, good boxing day?
Reminds me of the mad RSM who jailed his

Wife/Car/Dog/Bike/Children/Pace stick/self*

*Delete as necessary :roll:
All of the above :wink:
Or the guy, when getting bollocked on RSMs parade, takes out his fag packet and, pretending it's a radio, says "beam me up Scotty" Hey, it's true, I've met hundreds of people who were there!

I was at the 'fightingest' 7 in those days.

At the time I was in the Army Athletics Team and the Irishman you speak of (N*** K****n - or Paddy to his mates) was indeed the Army Decathlon champion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
heffelump The Other Half 14
H Royal Signals 13
Higround Royal Signals 122