Heres to you Mrs Robinson

She's also been booted out of the DUP!
BOOTED OUT

The Democratic Unionist Party has terminated the membership of Iris Robinson and she will leave Westminster and her MLA's position in Stormont as early as next week.

Mrs Robinson announced just after Christmas she was quitting politics because of severe depression.

But the couple have since been plunged into controversy after it emerged Iris had secured £50,000 from two wealthy developers to help her 19-year-old toyboy Kirk McCambley set up a restaurant business.

Mr Robinson is battling to clear his name after insisting he did not know of his wife's irregular financial dealings with her teenage lover.

A DUP source said: "There was no question about it, she had to go and go now. There was absolutely no sympathy for the position she found herself in."

The source said party officers would meet as early as Monday to decide who would replace Mrs Robinson as MLA in the Northern Ireland Assembly.

However there will not be a by-election for her Westminster Strangford seat as a general election is likely before the formal writ can be moved.

Kirk McCambley

Kirk McCambley

Mr Robinson faced calls to resign amid deep disquiet within his own ranks over claims he failed to alert the authorities Mrs Robinson did not declare her financial interest in Mr McCambley's restaurant the Lock Keeper's Inn.

She was a member of the council that gave him the go-ahead to open in 2008.

Mr McCambley, 21, refused to comment at his business on the banks of the River Lagan.

But Mr Robinson has come out fighting, ordering civil servants to call in senior lawyers to investigate his actions.

At the office of the DUP headquarters in his East Belfast constituency he said: "I have consistently indicated that I have done nothing wrong, that I acted properly.

"But me believing that and saying it, in my view, is not sufficient because I am being, if you like, tried by the press and therefore I think that we need to have an investigation."

A pity it's not in The NAAFI.

Ive had far worse!

Warminster anyone? or Guildford for that matter, circa early 80's, or Hounslow mid 80's come to think of it.

Not a bad looking woman in my opinion.

I would but I don't think she likes RC types.

Interesting that her boytoy has his business on the banks of the River Lagan given that there is a well known Irish song.

MY LAGAN LOVE
(written by Seasamh MacCathmhaoil)

Where Lagan stream sings lullaby
there grows a lily fair.
The twilight gleam is in her eye,
the night is on her hair.

And like a lovesick lenanshee,
she hath my heart in thrall;
Nor life I owe, nor liberty,
for Love is Lord of all.

Sinead O'Connor has recorded it

RearWords said:
If she's in a severe depression...does that mean she's reflecting that it's back to sex with the old man now! :twisted:
50k cheaper :wink:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
But Mr Robinson has come out fighting, ordering civil servants to call in senior lawyers to investigate his actions.
Which really means:

He has pulled in lawyers that he wont have to pay for to ensure his back is well and trully covered.

I actually met her & her old man some years ago in the La Mon House Hotel (before the IRA blew it up) at the carvery.I was home on leave & the family went there for a meal.Big brother was in the RUC & had his PPW & they were there with their RUC bodyguards,who sat in the lounge while the Robinsons ate (after asking my bro why he was carrying)
She was a right stuck up cow,made a fuss out of herself to boot.I remember she was wearing a black & yellow dress & looked like a bloody bee!
She strutted straight to the front of the queue to get her food & I'm sure embaressed Peter.
Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Taffnp said:
RearWords said:
If she's in a severe depression...does that mean she's reflecting that it's back to sex with the old man now! :twisted:
But when she's banging on those pearly gates about to meet her maker...she can smile and say "I copped a 19 yr old when I was nearly 60...I went to my grave happy". Personally I would advise her next time to go for something abit older as it lasts longer, goes like a belt-fed and possibly won't need the money. 8)

RearWords said:
Taffnp said:
RearWords said:
But when she's banging on those pearly gates about to meet her maker...she can smile and say "I copped a 19 yr old when I was nearly 60...I went to my grave happy". Personally I would advise her next time to go for something abit older as it lasts longer, goes like a belt-fed and possibly won't need the money. 8)
Tutankhamen would be a f ucking toy boy to you, you relic.

They make a right pair.They should both be sacked asap.The peace Process will proceed without them.At least Mr McGuiness has a blameless family life,and always has.

Thank you for posting that image. I have since knocked one out! She's a looker... to be sure, and that leopard print is subliminal. I bet she's a wildcat under the sheets.

muhandis89 said:
They make a right pair.They should both be sacked asap.The peace Process will proceed without them.At least Mr McGuiness has a blameless family life,and always has.
She has been,both from the DUP & as a MLA.

The Robinson scandal hasn’t peaked yet; so it’s probably too early to start being glib about the very serious nature of this Northern Irish, political hot potato that is currently cooking up a storm over the Irish sea. But hey ho, here I go anyway.

Mrs Robinson used her political advantage to financially help her 19 year old McCrumpet set up his Cafe, while her politically important husband knew about it but didn’t mention it. Probably because he didn’t want everyone to know that his wife was getting put through by a teenager.

What is the naughty universe up to? First, of all we get Tiger ‘The Super Shagger, and now a bit more interesting’, Woods having a grubby affair with a cocktail waitress called Jaimee Grubbs, all very grubby indeed. Now this Irish MP bird, she’s called Mrs Robinson and she’s got a toy boy. When Anne Bancroft got put through by Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate, she was nominated for an Oscar. It’s a poetic political satire. Finally women of politics are getting some decent young hot c*ck action, in real life. Lets face it, the Currie/Major canoodling was enough to make you wretch. I guess if you can’t beat them, join ‘em. I wonder if the media will offer McCrumpet a naked centrefold spread, and he’ll become a celebrity, following the footsteps of the likes of Abi Titmus and Antonia whats-her-face that got put through by David Mellor. ‘My dirty nights with Mrs Robinson, she could go all night.’ (There are plenty of other examples, I just can’t be bothered to google them and find out who they are.)

McCrumpet is a bit of hot totty (young man), and at least he has an entrepreneurial nature and is trying to set up his own business. I think that is admirable in a 19 year old. I think the youth of today should set up their own businesses and be more entrepreneurial, instead of bemoaning the facts there are no jobs out there. They have got time, hands, heads, energy and enthusiasm. What more do you need? At the end of the day if your Sugar Mummy can give you a cash injection, while you give her the hot beef injection, that is a good return on investment. Plus, he’s certainly not the first in history to financially benefit from exploiting sexual contacts in the higher echelons of power. It’s just that normally it’s women that benefit from being shafted by men in politics.

I have always found it curious that a mistress is the lover of a married man. There is not a dedicated word for the lover of a married woman, other than:

toy boy = but he has to be younger
gigolo = paid for
lover = generic term for both sexes.

Is Mr Robinson going to stand by his woman? Or will he will he quietly exit stage left and distance himself from her filthy, crazy, mentalist ways. Hilary stood by Bill, when Monica blew him. Posh stood by Beckham when he had an affair with dirty Sanchez. There is a history of women standing by their men in the face of great humiliation. I wonder if Mr Robinson will be stoic enough to stand by his woman. Even if it means sacrificing his own political career. By the looks of it he should stand by her, and stand down as First Minister, for the sake of Northern Irish devolution.

(I just posted the above on my blog which can be found by clicking here)

muhandis89 said:
That is true (unless he has been sticking to it to members of his own family like the Adams family), but forgive me if I find Peter Robinson concealing his wife's misbehaviour a bit less of a problem than McGuinesses involvement in the murder of civilians, soldiers and police officers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
muhandis89 Current Affairs, News and Analysis 3
Filbert Fox The NAAFI Bar 67
Jerboa The NAAFI Bar 55