• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Here, whats this?

For all those spotters of all things shiney and what not I have something that has puzzled me, I have no clue what on earth it is meant to be.

Was routing through the old kit cupboard and found this (see piccies) now i've had a butchers and it is the same size as a 5.56mm round, fits in a magazine but I cannot put my finger on what on earth it is meant to be.

EDIT:
I'm feeling generous so if someone comes up with a definate and correct answer to what this is i shall either donate £10 to Help4Heros or make a swish purchase from their online store :D

(Further edits in due course due to beer fingers)

Attachments

I dont think so, the back of the round appears to have been struck by a firing pin and the base looks very much lik a .22 Rimfire round to me

the base would be filled with a thin layer of wax or plasticine and placed in the weapon. Its a armourers tool to check the functioning of the firing pin. It is also a gauge.

don't need a BFA
seem a very gucci answer to a problem not really needing an answer

silent blanks would confuse someone

not quite as fun as swapping the platoon commanders SA80 for an airsoft version :twisted:

All you backbench warriors dont recognise a Sennelager suppository :p thats just a small one with a few teethmarks 8) the larger ones are 50cal airforce specials because they have bigger ********* :)

brighton hippy said:
don't need a BFA

not quite as fun as swapping the platoon commanders SA80 for an airsoft version :twisted:
forgive my ignorence but why? I thought the bullet traveling down the barrel and gasses etc cased the recocking? so wouldnt there need to be a projectile in this as well?

sorry if i sound like a tube, but cant get my head round that one

However, a form of blank has me satisfied, making my H4H purchase as soon as morning vision has gone away :D

Edited to add: T-shirt Ordered after a long fume with PayPal

PRC-349 said:
brighton hippy said:
don't need a BFA

forgive my ignorence but why? I thought the bullet traveling down the barrel and gasses etc cased the recocking? so wouldnt there need to be a projectile in this as well?
when using those, the weapon doesn't cock using the gas parts.

it cocks using a blowback action. BFAs are only required if you want the weapon to cock using the gas parts.

Latest Threads