Here we go again.

Dilfor said:
BiscuitsAB said:
Thats the whole point isnt it. Fawkes missguided as he was, was trying to throw off the shroud of an oppressive government.
No he wasn't. He was some filthy papist trying to restore the power of some loony in Rome to lord it over good stout English yeomen. It is essential that we remind Catholics every year of this fact, whilst enjoying a sausage and a sparkler.

In the future, I would hope to have a similar ceremony to express English disdain for other dodgy religions.
Welllll if your going to take that tack :) it was a "filty papist" who tipped the gubment off to the plot and saved the day. What goes around comes around.

rickshaw-major said:
Dilfor said:
BiscuitsAB said:
Thats the whole point isnt it. Fawkes missguided as he was, was trying to throw off the shroud of an oppressive government.
No he wasn't. He was some filthy papist trying to restore the power of some loony in Rome to lord it over good stout English yeomen. It is essential that we remind Catholics every year of this fact, whilst enjoying a sausage and a sparkler.

In the future, I would hope to have a similar ceremony to express English disdain for other dodgy religions.
Really? Whose sausage exactly? :twisted:

And His Holiness is not a looney - He's a Nazi so will have a good idea what to do with the looney lefties and ungodly in the current Gobmint. You should see his Baptisms.
Baptims of fire maybe?

The_Cad said:
BiscuitsAB said:
Cable_Ties said:
The entire Guy Fawkes thing has more relevance now than since it's inital inception. Broon take note!!! Not that I'm advocating another gunpowder plot but still...it's tempting :evil:
Thats the whole point isnt it. Fawkes missguided as he was, was trying to throw off the shroud of an oppressive government. Now the way that the current incumbents oppress is very different from the more brutal point of a sword variety but they still oppress. Maybe this current method of controlling thought and deed is more frightening that the point of a sword method. Freedoms lost a fraction at a time.

Laws changed, boundaries merged and taxes raised all fronted by spin.

Where the hell is Robin Hood when you need him?

Biscuits! There is definitely hope for you yet! Good post old boy!

:D

Now does anyone have the recipe for gunpowder handy? I seem to have misplaced my anarchists cookbook.

21/7/3 ratio works very well.

Which reminds me. My good friend Neil bought some Salt Peta and some Sulphur on e-bay december 06 and he got raided by the Westmidlands anti terrorist unit in June this year! So theyare oon the ball then!

Their profiling team must be well impressed with themselves on that one. A one legged ( bike crash ) middle aged white person popped up on their radar and they thought, Al Quada definately. :p

That aside Neil is as mad as a box of frogs, he was going to make some home made fireworks.

We have also being discussing building a pulse jet and various medievil seige engines recently.

When I was a wee street urchin, me and my mates used to "experiment" with fireworks.. how we giggled as the outhouse burned like 1960's Mississipi following one the worlds largest "Genies".

Happy days... :D

To answer a previous question, yes the Spanish do have a fleet now. Looks quite impressive when they sail past the fort at Cartagena.
They also have 5 new submarines which they have fitted with glass bottoms. That's so they can look at their previous fleet.

Heedthebaw said:
The_Cad said:
Maybe he's a dead Elvis impersonator??

I seem to see a trend and a pattern emerging that any indiginous cultural celebration or ceremony is immediately shut down on the grounds of Health and Safety or Environmental concerns whilst other non indiginous festivals are positively encouraged.

I just hope this means that there will be no more illegal open air Hindu cremations in England.

I won't hold my breath though.
WHY does EVERYTHING have to do with race, perceived injustices of the white majority, or the fact that Britain is going to hell in a handcart because of "immigrunts".
Because it invariably does... and is.

oldbaldy said:
No chance of them banning in Lewes though.
The official who tried that might get an effigy burnt:
http://www.lewesbonfirecouncil.org.uk/index.html
Yeah, I mean if you can't burn the Pope in effigy and march through the streets yelling 'No Popery!!!' what can you do? :roll:

To be fair, I don't think the Lewes Bonfire people should be banned from doing what they do. Far from it - they are just exercising their right to free speech in the same way that I am when I say that Queen Mary should have burnt far more Prods at the stake and that I sincerely wish that Guy Fawkes had succeeded. It would have saved us fom Songs of Praise for a start.

Oh, and George - what is your obsession with Jesuits?

BuckFelize said:
Heedthebaw said:
The_Cad said:
Maybe he's a dead Elvis impersonator??

I seem to see a trend and a pattern emerging that any indiginous cultural celebration or ceremony is immediately shut down on the grounds of Health and Safety or Environmental concerns whilst other non indiginous festivals are positively encouraged.

I just hope this means that there will be no more illegal open air Hindu cremations in England.

I won't hold my breath though.
WHY does EVERYTHING have to do with race, perceived injustices of the white majority, or the fact that Britain is going to hell in a handcart because of "immigrunts".
Because it invariably does... and is.
Allow me to be succinct.

Bollocks.

That is self pitying tripe of the worst kind.

Heed.

wedge35 said:
Oh, and George - what is your obsession with Jesuits?
I have no obsessions or compulsions. I'm pretty boring really. Adam Weishaupt was a Jesuit. And I believe Fawkes was a Jesuit. This thread, after all, is about burning effigies of Fawkes, right? I'm all for it!!

I think we should burn all Human Rights Lawyers, good for the taxpayer, good for society and just plain good fun.

Penny for the shiner guvnor?

The_Cad said:
I think we should burn all Human Rights Lawyers, good for the taxpayer, good for society and just plain good fun.

Penny for the shiner guvnor?
My Bold. Lets use the Human Rights Act as Kindling!

Heedthebaw.... there is some hope that you may be rehabilitated!!

Novembers low temperatures are clearly God's way of telling us to burn more Lawyers!

Cheese rolling, bonfire night, morris dancing, bog snorkeling, skateboarding, firefighting, office desk dimensions, egg and spoon race, sack race,

This isn't racial you divs, its Health and safety pr+cks on councils (No doubt unable to hold down proper jobs in the commercial world) f+cking about with traditional pastimes of our great nation. Why

Because they are gravy train jobsworths and high profile activities give them the sh+ts

Local council no marks

Local Councilarrrrrs, generally have a big chip about the real world i.e. they couldnt make it and came up sore losers due to their general neurotic nature and inadequacies, hence getting into Local Gov to wrought their wrath upon the earth is there way of getting revenge.

The_Cad said:

Novembers low temperatures are clearly God's way of telling us to burn more Lawyers!
A little OT but here goes.

I bought a book (Londonistan) to "know your enemy" as it were. Not the Islamists but the people who would have you believe that the Islamists are taking over, and I have to say there was a lot of Drivel in the book IMHO.

HOWEVER - the author (a Daily Mail Columnist :roll: ) made a very good and cogent point which really brought a lot of Frustration I have felt into sharp focus.

She was talking about EU Law as compared to British Law. What she said is that in British Common Law unless something is expressly forbidden it is assumed to be allowed and this has worked perfectly well since about 1066 - thereby giving it just under 1000 years for us to figure out what it is we don't want.

EU Law on the other hand assumes it isn't allowed unless it is expressly Legislated FOR. In the simplest terms I discovered that I prefer to do what I like until I am pulled up sharply by the law, instead of having to check whether I can or not first.

The HRA seems to enshrine all the codswallop that the EU can muster in one document. And I know that it is a British piece of Legislation, but it was inspired by a European Charter on some shiite.

Cable_Ties said:
The entire Guy Fawkes thing has more relevance now than since it's inital inception. Broon take note!!! Not that I'm advocating another gunpowder plot but still...it's tempting :evil:
Of course you're not advocating another Gunpowder Plot.

Plastic Explosive is much more effective. :twisted:

The_Cad said:

Best idea I've heard all day. :D

Good Drills those men! :twisted: