Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PK, Aug 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PK

PK Old-Salt

2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

That's news to me. We're all on leave! who's being briefed? the house elf? 8O

3. In another article on this matter, an "MOD Spokesman", denies it, but stated what wakko jacko said about being able to pull a Brigade out of somewhere if necessary (I'd like to know where).

4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

his arrse by sounds of it

5. Is Bliar trying to get a few more of us out of the country, so that we can't make a very public vote against his cronies and lap-dogs.
    Wacko Jacko must have his head up his arrse if he think's that we have available troops for yet another 'Bliar op'.
    Who are we going to send?
    We can barely cover our current commitments, yes the situation in Sudan is appalling ,but can someone else please go?
    Time for our 'brave'allies ,the French, to get off the mark and lead the way. The German's aren't allowed to deploy on ops out of Europe, but as this a humanitarian cause ,they have no real reason not to go.

6. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

i thought some bratwurst munchers were afghanistan and continue to be... i know europe's expanding, but that's just silly.

7. I stand corrected. Didn't know the sausage swallowers were anywhere(other than Poland), Must of changed their constitution to allow this.
    :!:

8. They did.however they were less than impressive in Kosovo last year during the rioting. Several German newspapers accused the German contingent of being cowards.

9. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

they're shifty bugger them krauts!

10. I'd suspect the Krauts weren't cowards at all in Kosovo, but merely following strict ROE.
    That part of the world has seen some serious occupation from the bavarian bully boys ,in the last 100yrs,So it was probably good idea for them not to get all gung-ho.

11. I did not say that I thought of them as cowards..........what I did say was that their own German press labelled them cowards ............ this was due to the fact that they stayed within their camp while less than 500mtrs away Ethnic Albanians were rioting in a Serbian area.......and did nothing at all to prevent it or indeed to protect the Serbs, something which surely must have been within their mandate.... 8)

12. News 24, stated the Frogs have put 200 troops on the 600 mile border between Chab and Sudan :?:

13. The Germans have about 1700 men in Afghanistan, but the Bundestag has capped the deployment. The Krauts are the second biggest contributor of manpower to ISAF after the Canadians(1860 men))The Bundeswehr says it is fully committed between Kabul and the Balkans. With armed forces of 284,000 available? It's certainly not the German army my grandad knew! And tried to deplete. :lol:

14. Yeah, that'll stop 'em...........Thing is I bet they're Foreign Legion as well...so althought technically they belong to France, penny to a pinch ..there's not that many sons of France amongst them :wink:

15. Just to make the debate a little more interesting, the LAND deployment levels have dropped considerably over the last 10 months (including TELIC). OCULUS is a fraction of what it used to be, FINGAL is steady (and I suppose will only increase as TELIC reduces) and the end to Arms Plotting in the Inf will have a massive impact within 2 years (as will NI reductions). To be Devil's Advocate, the pressures on Cts are intensive but I would argue that it is NOT at a level which is having a significant impact on either recuitment or retention (according to AG)!

Happy to be corrected!!

Dobbo