Here we go again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. E Africa army build-up alarms UN

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4401782.stm

2. Oh SH1T!!!!!!!

3. Yep , stand by .....

4. If there isnt oil there count the US out ! :lol:

5. erm worried, not.

2 tin-pot armies scrapping over a piece of sh!t border with no valuable resources...UK/US PLC currently engaged on more lucrative deals.

However pressure from the left may force our hand to prove that we really are a force for good!

PS, Just why are we going back into the 'Ghan again...is it now considered to be a global threat?

6. On the face of , why be worried?

Until you think about where Eritrea and Ethiopia are in relation to the Red Sea and certain quite important shipping routes.

Anyway , stop worrying , it's not like we were taken by surprise by this turn of events, we do have sufficient intelligence assets keeping us advised , they're not all tasked to covering countries the Americans are paranoid about/busy de-stabilising.........

......or maybe not

7. Bring it on, haven't had a suntan since Telic 1 :p

8. Yeah nothing better than a body armour and helmet shaped suntan..... :wink:

9. eeeeehhhh, you were one of the lucky ones, body armour, body armour you say, i remember in my day we never had any body armour, or bullets and we got fed sh!te for 2 months, then ORP menu c for 2 months....eeeeh...you had it easy...we used get up before we went to bed etc etc

10. Hey, I slept on hot gravel too you know.....

11. Hmmm, standby standby.......

Oh well, at least from my point of view - more money needed in the defence sector is always a good thing - and more nasty forign alcohol!!!!

OS

12. Well, let's see...

PM going through a rocky patch at home, needs a distraction...

Tinpot African nations about to kick off... tree hugging Guardianistas in the Meejah no doubt will say something "Must be done"...

I'll get me smock.