Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee - your thoughts and reflections

The poor lass was completely overwhelmed by the logistics. I got the impression that a village was helping her try and get everything out the door. I think she made the right decision.
Me too. Shame, but she was determined to stick to her, dare I say it, more conservative (not political) background.

Yokel

LE
I would like DVDs of some of the documentaries the BBC broadcast over that weekend about Her Majesty in private and also about her very long life of public service, and not just edited highlights. Due to a TV mix up (mea culpa) I managed to miss a good part of one of the documentaries. I wonder if any of them have found their way on YouTube?

The BBC also used to sell books - serious books by proper authors.

I would like DVDs of some of the documentaries the BBC broadcast over that weekend about Her Majesty in private and also about her very long life of public service, and not just edited highlights. Due to a TV mix up (mea culpa) I managed to miss a good part of one of the documentaries. I wonder if any of them have found their way on YouTube?

The BBC also used to sell books - serious books by proper authors.
On Iplayer is The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee :cool:

Yokel

LE

How long is it likely to remain on Iplayer? Weeks? Months? Longer? I do feel that some sort of long lasting DVD and/or a souvenir brochure or something like would that be would be fitting. I am sure that I did try to order a DVD of the highlights of the BBC coverage on the net, but it had sold out.

Does the BBC have an online shop?

Yokel

LE
A Google search located the BBC Shop.

BBC Shop

A search for 'Jubilee' only finds two products - a tin of Walkers' shortbread and a tote bag. The prices seem to be in US Dollars as well. but it does give a Canadian option - good to see the Beeb help keep up transatlantic exports. No DVDs - but it list two books: The Queen: The Life and Times of Elizabeth II - described here, and The Queen: 70 Years of Majestic Style - described here.

The contact page gives American and Canadian phone numbers. Is my ISP using dynamic addressing and assigned an IP address associated with somewhere in Alaska or Ontario, confusing websites?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you're thinking of Jo Dyer (Int Corps), I can't remember her winning any of the named awards. Queen's Medal went to Dave Robertson (who later took an RPG to the chest and walked it off - BBC NEWS | Scotland | Highlands and Islands | Rocket 'bounced off' army officer).
to BBC News Scotland Lt Robertson said:
It must have just skiffed off me and went to my left and detonated on the fully open gunners hatch.
All young offrs need a good skiffing.

The latest news concerning the doltish eldest son and heir apparent of HMQ will do little to enliven her jubilee year or reassure her that her legacy is in safe hands.

Her grandson, William, probably also has his head in his hands as he sees his own chance of a crack at the throne slip away that little bit further.

The latest news concerning the doltish eldest son and heir apparent of HMQ will do little to enliven her jubilee year or reassure her that her legacy is in safe hands.

Her grandson, William, probably also has his head in his hands as he sees his own chance of a crack at the throne slip away that little bit further.
Even though it isn't a great look, i'm not sure it is such a big deal. At one point it was thought there were around 600 members of the Bin Laden family. Osama was the only son of his father's 11th wife, with 50+ siblings.

Charity is to support good causes and those less fortunate as ourselves, plus provide a few jobs. However it is looking like being involved with or supporting charity is no longer a good idea? May be this money was put to good use and did not go into HRH Post Office Book?

Yokel

LE
You must remember that a lot of journalism, be it in the Daily Mail or the Guardian, does not value accuracy or fairness as much as it favours outrage generation, making online readers click, and supporting anti establishment views. Both of these publications would support witch hunting if they had a chance.

Still no news about any DVD of the celebrations - sold out!

Latest Threads