Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard

Does anyone know how to apply to become A member of Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard ?

***** Note this is not to be confused with the Yeomen at the Tower of London. That’s a brilliant job but I have a brilliant job with spare time to do other things.

As far as I know I fulfill the criteria but cant find any contact information

Any help would be appreciated

Bullitt.

Yes I had read that previously but it only states get your CO to apply on your behalf. I’m now out of the Army.
Email the bloke that runs that site and he should be able to give you the info.

FFS. I opened one link and found a name, email address and telephone number. You're probably not what they are looking for methinks!

Does anyone know how to apply to become A member of Her Majesty's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard ?

***** Note this is not to be confused with the Yeomen at the Tower of London. That’s a brilliant job but I have a brilliant job with spare time to do other things.

As far as I know I fulfill the criteria but cant find any contact information

Any help would be appreciated

Bullitt.
Try below mate,

MSM Chris Savage -
chris.savage@royal.uk
(0044) 2070 245663

FFS. I opened one link and found a name, email address and telephone number. You're probably not what they are looking for methinks!
... and having found the link you elected to keep it to yourself. Was there any point to your post?

From your first link

1. A candidate for appointment must be:
a. Of 'Very Good' character in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines or'Exemplary' character in the Regular Army or Royal Air Force.
b. In possession of a Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.
c. One who has completed full pensionable service in the Royal Navy, RoyalMarines, Regular Army or the Royal Air Force.

and

3, Applications, which may be made at any time by anyone who meets the criteria, are to be forwarded by the
candidate's commanding officer
as follows:

How does that work? If I have completed my service, then I am no longer a member of HM Forces and do not have a CO.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
How does that work? If I have completed my service, then I am no longer a member of HM Forces and do not have a CO.
Ask your missus or mum if you can play.

From your first link

1. A candidate for appointment must be:
a. Of 'Very Good' character in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines or'Exemplary' character in the Regular Army or Royal Air Force.
b. In possession of a Long Service and Good Conduct Medal.
c. One who has completed full pensionable service in the Royal Navy, RoyalMarines, Regular Army or the Royal Air Force.

and

3, Applications, which may be made at any time by anyone who meets the criteria, are to be forwarded by the
candidate's commanding officer
as follows:

You'll probably be ok with either good or bad co from Arrse.

Does ‘completed full pensionable service’ mean ‘met the qualifying criteria for a full pension’ as opposed to ‘completed service’?

Does ‘completed full pensionable service’ mean ‘met the qualifying criteria for a full pension’ as opposed to ‘completed service’?
And does it in reality mean 22 years reckonable service, now that pensionable service means something else?

Those pantaloons look itchy - I’m out
I stumbled upon the book Ravenmaster recently.

"Full state also requires the special highly polished shoes, with Tudor rose rosettes attached that match the rosettes on the breeches, and the dreaded scarlet woolen stockings, which are nowadays the much more practical thick tights, especially made for men with a hole at the front, for obvious purposes. (A long-standing joke is to instruct any new and unsuspecting male Yeoman Warder that the hole has to go at the rear.)"

I stumbled upon the book Ravenmaster recently.

"Full state also requires the special highly polished shoes, with Tudor rose rosettes attached that match the rosettes on the breeches, and the dreaded scarlet woolen stockings, which are nowadays the much more practical thick tights, especially made for men with a hole at the front, for obvious purposes. (A long-standing joke is to instruct any new and unsuspecting male Yeoman Warder that the hole has to go at the rear.)"
well post 12 does say open to RN&RM

Latest Threads