• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Her Majestys Armed Forces Soldier Application Form!

AFCO Form 4 TRHJ Army Soldier Jan 09

Chaps, i've searched to no avail.

I've made a balls up on my form, and wondered if there is a blank copy anywhere that i can download to start again?

Can't find owt on the Army site either, and wanted to hand it in tonight!

Cheers.

redblitz said:

I've made a balls up on my form, and wondered if there is a blank copy anywhere that i can download to start again?

Cheers.
Just go along and fill it out again. They will have stacks.

msr

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
redblitz said:

Cheers.
Because I'm nice, I've had a quick look on ArmyNet for you but no joy. So you're stuck with msr's solution I'm afraid :D

Had a quick look. The closest I could find was September 2008 - maybe it has no differences in the questions, and just got updated as part of a standing review, or they made one box smaller and another larger &c.
http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/AFCO_Form.doc . Hope this helps.

The mod search engine is very efficient, and threw up over 3,000 matches http://www.armysearch.mod.uk/query....tx2=+&tx1=+&ty0=w&ty1=w&ty2=w&tx0=form+4&st=1. They obviously want people to go into the recruitment offices, hence no easy access to the forms.

You need to come into one of our London offices mate, the last one mentioned is out of date :)

But the TAC you are applying through should hold them anyway ;)

There are copies of the AFCO 4 floating around online (Army site for instance), however they're all out of date. The most up to date AFCO4s are as follows;

AFCO Form 4 Army Soldier Mar 11
Available on TRHJ only. Reg and TA Soldier.

Officer Application (AFCO 4 Offr)
AFCO Form 4 Army Officer Mar 11
Available on TRHJ only. Reg and TA Officer.

Note they are only available from TRHJ now, hard copies are no longer stocked and as I mentioned before the ones on civvy web are out of date. You can get copies of the AIF/AOIF forms form the web though, which are basically a smaller version of an AFCO4.

If you really want a new AFCO 4, drop into your unit (ie the one you're trying to join) and ask them to print you another one from THRJ.

Tippex.

Or if you want to be smart arsed about it then fill all handwritten form/reports etc with a fountain pen and make sure you have a "tinten killer" with you for any small errors.

Saved me any number of extras when handing in guard reports and the like.

Or do you complete such things online via your smartphone now?

Does anyone have a copy of the officer version?
AFCO 4's are now dead, it is now an online application, this is due to Capitia taking over all Army recruting as of the 01 April, and the BARB test and medical questionnaire RG8 will also be online as you will self certify yourself before you get your full medical on Selection

STILTS

Thanks Stilts, I am already in, ex regular now TA. I am going for AOSB and got given AFCO4 to complete (even though I am already in) the problem is I made couple errors and just wanted to redo those pages without having to go to my PSI asking for more forms.

Cheers for the info though, guess I will have to go ask nicely

Thanks Stilts, I am already in, ex regular now TA. I am going for AOSB and got given AFCO4 to complete (even though I am already in) the problem is I made couple errors and just wanted to redo those pages without having to go to my PSI asking for more forms.

Cheers for the info though, guess I will have to go ask nicely

Stilts, chances are it's a waste of time filling in that AFCO4. Anything after 1st March is the Capita way or the highway!

If you want to get ahead, go to https://www.army.mod.uk/myaccount/A...ssive&ru=%2fapply%2f&wct=2013-03-22T22:24:45Z and apply online (its a bit misleading I know but I assure you it's the right process, just keep an eye out and make sure you're selecting Officer)

If you don't trust me, go back to your unit and enquire - or better still, google the number for AOSB and give them a quick call. They'll confirm it.

Latest Threads