Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long does ther series of inoculations take to do? I'm going some where hot and sandy and need to get them done... I thought it took like 6months... but I was told u can get it done in 2 weeks....

T C

2. It normally takes 6-9 months. 3 jabs, 3 months intervals then a surface antigen test.

3. Hahahaha! Not a chance that I'l be going in time then!! oh well....

T C

4. You can take the rapid course which is to be jabbed on day 1, day 7 and day 28. You will be protected for a short time (provided that you are receptive to the type of innoculation) but the effect will not last as long as the protracted course. Also, if you have been vaccinated for Hep B before, you should have a Hep B titres first, you may well still have sufficient antibodies, some people can make one course of hep B last a lifetime!

Try here for more info: http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_engerixb.pdf

Hope this helps. :D

Edited to mention that there is bound to be bags of Hep B vaccs in theatre as all health care workers, monkeys and anyone else who deals with the great unwashed is meant to have it.

5. or.........you could always become a vampire, catch the disease, screw your liver up for a bit and take a 6 month tour at home to recover....

There is always a silver lining :)

6. The absence of innoculations does not exclude an individual from deployment (otherwise, we'd never manage all of those last minute "pings" from on-high). However, the process of innoculation must be begun before deployment and the risk posed to the individual raised in their medical documents (for innoculation to continue in theatre) and to the CoC so that the individual is not inappropriately employed before innoculations are complete.

IF