Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Henly by election

The results:

John Howell - Conservatives, 19,796 (56.95%, 3.46% increase on 2005 general election share of vote)
Stephen Kearney - Liberal Democrats, 9,680 (27.85%, 1.84%)
Mark Stevenson - Greens, 1,321 (3.80%, 0.54%)
Timothy Rait - British National Party, 1,243 (3.58%)
Richard McKenzie - Labour, 1,066 (3.07%, -11.68%)
Chris Adams, UK Independence Party, 843 (2.43%, -0.07%)
Bananaman Owen - Monster Raving Loony Party, 242 (0.70%)
Derek Allpass - English Democrats, 157 (0.45%)
Amanda Harrington - Independent (Miss Great Britain Party), 128 (0.37%)
Dick Rodgers - The Common Good, 121 (0.35%)
Louise Cole - Independent (Miss Great Britain Party), 91 (0.26%)
Harry Bear - The Fur Play Party, 73 (0.21%)

Lets see the ZANU Liebour party talk this up as a good result !!!

Labour candidate = lost deposit!

Beaten by the BNP and ad a few more of the nutter party votes gone to UKIP their humiliation would be total, as opposed to merely being wholly and utterly dreadful.

Happy First Prime Ministerial Birthday, Cyclops. Could not happen to a nicer loser

Ben Bradshaw is suggesting that NU Labour will win the next election, apparently NU Labour has been so unpopular before that it lost deposits and went on to win the next election.........

Not in my memory, maybe history has been re-written.

If its true they had better call a general election now!

Good result for the Tories, bad result for Labour.

Although only garnering 3.5% of the vote what is a concern is the insidious popularity of the BNP.

Purely in the interest of unbiased research I decided to find out more about the "Miss Great Britain party":

http://www.miss-gb.co.uk/byelection.asp

and

http://www.miss-gb.co.uk/politicalparty/henly.asp :hump:

Two points from their manifesto caught my eye, ahem :wink:

1. Securing proper pay and frontline increments for British soldiers as well as rights to substantial guaranteed compensation in the event of injury or death

2. Compulsory health and beauty education to improve the looks of Britons.

The fact that the BNP beat Neue Arbeit is entirely the fault of the Government. This sort of knee-jerk voting for extremeists is what the public do when they feel ignored.

Where Sven this morning?

squiffy_parsons said:
The results:

John Howell - Conservatives, 19,796 (56.95%, 3.46% increase on 2005 general election share of vote)
Stephen Kearney - Liberal Democrats, 9,680 (27.85%, 1.84%)
Mark Stevenson - Greens, 1,321 (3.80%, 0.54%)
Timothy Rait - British National Party, 1,243 (3.58%)
Richard McKenzie - Labour, 1,066 (3.07%, -11.68%)
Chris Adams, UK Independence Party, 843 (2.43%, -0.07%)
Bananaman Owen - Monster Raving Loony Party, 242 (0.70%)
Derek Allpass - English Democrats, 157 (0.45%)
Dick Rodgers - The Common Good, 121 (0.35%)
Harry Bear - The Fur Play Party, 73 (0.21%)

Lets see the ZANU Liebour party talk this up as a good result !!!

1066 for Zanu NL, eh? That's an arrow in the other eye for King Gordon! And beaten into fifth place (and a lost deposit) by the hated BNP! :lol: The BBC are saying it's the worst-ever result in a by-election for a ruling party. But Liebour's powers of self-delusion will not fail them in this hour of need - stand by for earnest, wide-eyed Harriets and Hilarys telling us that it's all just another mid-term blip caused by global economic factors, and nowt whatsoever to do with the Mad Hatter's tea party now in full swing in Badcolourhall. With most of the Army deployed and a gang of lunatics 'running' the country, we can only hope that nobody's planning to invade us, though it might be no bad thing - we desperately need another Conqueror to sort the country out.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
4-8-Alfa said:
Good result for the Tories, bad result for Labour.

Although only garnering 3.5% of the vote what is a concern is the insidious popularity of the BNP.

It is a concern but not a suprise unfortunately.

Not sure its anything to be to concerned about to be honest.
Can't see them ever getting enough votes to be massively significant but it does help prod the mainstream politicians toward believing that people in this country are mighty disatisfied with them.
A simple ditching of Labour support helps convince the Tories that we all think they are wonderful whereas the BNP coming ahead of Labour is a bit of a hint at how unhappy everyone is with self serving politicians who will not listen to the electorate.
Anything that can do that is of benefit in my humble opinion.

Exactly Mr Baiter, you are spot on

The only reason its a small actual number is because of the demographic of Henley, hardly working class or full of those that might have been affected my uncontrolled immigration

I don't want this to turn into a rant but when the so called party of the working class presides over very real inequality and a decline in social mobility then the extremists will always do well

Alsacien said:
Purely in the interest of unbiased research I decided to find out more about the "Miss Great Britain party":

and

1. Securing proper pay and frontline increments for British soldiers as well as rights to substantial guaranteed compensation in the event of injury or death

This is the bint that says:....... Gemma’s campaign for fair pay and conditions for our service heroes received a dramatic boost yesterday when she highlighted the scandal of how British soldiers had regularly to scavenge boots, clothes and guns from the corpses of dead enemy soldiers because their equipment was superior to that supplied to them by the MoD.

The previously unreported horror of British soldiers having to remove blood-soaked clothing from fallen enemies made headlines after a British war veteran Gemma met on the Crewe and Nantwich campaign trail revealed the sickening details to her and asked her to use her independent voice to raise the issue in a way which meant it would be heard above the usual party crossfire at Westminster.

Nice tits, shame about what's keeping her ears apart.

The previously unreported horror of British soldiers having to remove blood-soaked clothing from fallen enemies made headlines after a British war veteran Gemma met on the Crewe and Nantwich campaign trail revealed the sickening details to her and asked her to use her independent voice to raise the issue in a way which meant it would be heard above the usual party crossfire at Westminster.

Sounds like he was walting it up to get in her knickers

fair play to the bloke :D

Chuffit said:
Alsacien said:

and

This is the bint that says:....... Gemma’s campaign for fair pay and conditions for our service heroes received a dramatic boost yesterday when she highlighted the scandal of how British soldiers had regularly to scavenge boots, clothes and guns from the corpses of dead enemy soldiers because their equipment was superior to that supplied to them by the MoD.

Nice tits, shame about what's keeping her ears apart.

made headlines after a British war veteran Gemma met on the Crewe and Nantwich campaign trail revealed the sickening details to her and asked her to use her independent voice to raise the issue

:D Is someone going to own up to this :wink:

I wish it was me, although I would have added that Radiation from Depleted Uranium has left me with a condition called Hulk C0ck. It's 3 times the size of a normal one, (I would forget to mention that due to some of the fine ladies that hang around my local hostelries, its a little bit green)