• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Henley Royal Regatta

Morning chaps & chapesses,

Has anyone here been to Henley Royal Regatta? I'm certain I've rowed there with my old school ages ago, but I was just a sprightly 14 year old schoolboy at the time & I can't really remember the finer details, other than chatting to one gallant young lad who was so posh I thought he was a bummer. 8O I haven't been there socially as it was a bit far from my former place of residence, but now I live a little closer I thought I'd venture out & have a look.

Ergo I require the following details:

Dress code: I understand it's all a bit highbrow with the supertoffs, I suppose blazers & trousers are the norm, but would a waistcoat be overdoing it? Do people still remain in Edwardian dress up until the late evening? I hear 07 was a washout, am I likely to ruin my highly polished shoes in this weather?

Location: Where's the best viewing platform & area in order to ascertain a fair assessment of the posh totty? :) I hear there's quite a few different bars.

Beverage: Where's the best place to drink? If I do get a little bored with the Pimms/lemonade/champers scene would it be a little undignified to order wife beater or spirits?

Food: If I can't entice some millionaires daughter into buying me lunch in the more exclusive stands where would be a more suitable place for tea & tiffin :?

I remain ever your most faithful, &tc.

~D.C.

Dashing_Chap said:

Dress code: I understand it's all a bit highbrow with the supertoffs, I suppose blazers & trousers are the norm, but would a waistcoat be overdoing it? Do people still remain in Edwardian dress up until the late evening? I hear 07 was a washout, am I likely to ruin my highly polished shoes in this weather?

Blazers it is - whether college pattern or naval. Absolutely no waistcoats. Ties or cravat is the norm but the open collar is accectable. Shoes: black oxfords, summer whites, loafers/boaters and espadrilles are all acceptable. Slacks or flannels to taste. 'Captain's hat' or college cap de rigeur. Panama hat optional. This years comedy theme is a squirty flower - available from most joke shops.

Location: Where's the best viewing platform & area in order to ascertain a fair assessment of the posh totty? :) I hear there's quite a few different bars.

Stand B6

Beverage: Where's the best place to drink? If I do get a little bored with the Pimms/lemonade/champers scene would it be a little undignified to order wife beater or spirits?

The main beer tent (Tent 16). Under no circumstances order Stella. You may as well wear a Norgie and Ron Hills.

Food: If I can't entice some millionaires daughter into buying me lunch in the more exclusive stands where would be a more suitable place for tea & tiffin :?

Roul's Hog Roast (Tent 13). £8.99 of pure heart attack. Lovely.

~D.C.
I have, of course, no idea whatsoever.

BuckFelize said:
Dashing_Chap said:

Blazers it is - whether college pattern or naval. Absolutely no waistcoats. Ties or cravat is the norm but the open collar is accectable. Shoes: black oxfords, summer whites, loafers/boaters and espadrilles are all acceptable. Slacks or flannels to taste. 'Captain's hat' or college cap de rigeur. Panama hat optional. This years comedy theme is a squirty flower - available from most joke shops.

Stand B6

The main beer tent (Tent 16). Under no circumstances order Stella. You may as well wear a Norgie and Ron Hills.

Roul's Hog Roast (Tent 13). £8.99 of pure heart attack. Lovely.

~D.C.
I have, of course, no idea whatsoever.
KYAK KYAK, GUFFAW GUFFAW