Helping Police or giving evidence is against Sharia Law.

Last night on Five Live a British Asian Lawyer named Choudrey? Not sure of the spelling. Who said he was a Judge in a Sharia Court said it was against Sharia law to help the Police or to give evidence to a Non-Muslim against a Brother Muslim

Yes, I heard that. It's contrary to UK law not to assist the police when requested. His argument was weak and without substance. UK law prevails here not Sharia law so the solution for those that don't like it is more than obvious

Bugly

War Hero
rockape34 said:
... also shown on the TV news (ITV I think) last night, one whose ethnic origin would appear to be well East of the British Isles was ranting that it was a muslims duty NOT to help the police!
...and he was one of the 'moderate muslims' no doubt. You could tell he was a moderate because he wasn't exploding or driving a 4x4.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well they wont be wanting any help from the nasty kafur police if they get assaulted, burgled, held up or raped by a fellow Muslim? Fine by me.

Bloody hell, whats wrong with these people? If they were in most muslim countries they wouldn't have much choice in helping the police, seeing as they would probably be being used as a human circuit breaker at the time.

It really gets my back up when people enjoy the freedoms that this country provides yet try to undermine what it stands for and the systems to protect it.

reminds of a clancy novel yob gets caught (in the free city of jerusalem long story )
anyway gets the choice between western justice or sharia law.
chooses sharia law imnans shrug have him dragged outside and cut his head off jobs a good'un :twisted:
most of the fundies who complain about kafir justice in a muslims state would be tortured to extract what ever intel needed and then swiftly executed

Just seen this on the BBC site,

A Stealth bomber in Iraq is the moral equivalent of a suicide bomber in Scotland".

Glasgow Airport door
The routine has returned - but has Scotland changed?

Tell us your feelings since the Glasgow Airport attack

That was the message of Aamer Anwar, a leading human rights lawyer, during a BBC Scotland programme entitled "Scotland After the Bomb".

Sharp intakes of breath as well as rounds of applause could be heard as he gave his views during the debate, which drew a studio audience from across the UK.

Known for his smooth delivery and sharp suits, Mr Anwar gave another firebrand performance during the programme, broadcast eight days after the first major terror attack on Scottish soil.

He was joined by Nicola Sturgeon, Deputy First Minister; David Cairns MP, Scotland Office minister; Bashir Mann, convener of the Muslim Council of Scotland and Farkhanda Chaudhry, of the Islamic Society of Britain.

Mr Anwar, who has achieved prominence as a anti-racism campaigner, said Scotland had been gripped by complacency since the revelation that the suspects were not native Scots.

He said: "There is no justification for the murder of innocent people. The US and Israel, however, are equal to any 9/11 hijacker.
Roll out the same old story time and time again what has this to do with last W/E seems to make no mention of the Palestinian suicide bombers & Hamas though

"Why is the government so desperate to deny a link between Iraq and Afghanistan and what happened in London and Glasgow?

Aamer Anwar
We are no different from England or Wales where people have been recruited (by radical Islamic groups)
Aamer Anwar
Human rights lawyer

"We should not differentiate between a Stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. The effects are exactly the same. They kill innocent people."

He added that it was a myth that there was an inclusive, multicultural Scotland as many young Muslim felt alienated by the prevalent culture of "binge drinking and Big Brother".

So we will just shut up all the pubs and nightlife and stop going out so you feel at home
funny a fair few Asians do pretty well out of it from taxi/fast food/restaurants etc and if you'd bother to find out most people in the UK are pretty sick of BB and chav TV doesn't stop them making videos of innocent people being beheaded though. Do you want people to wear hijabs whilst reading the news? I fell that most of the problems of integration are caused by themselves doesn't take much to involve yourself in a local project etc that benefits all parts of the community or the likes. It's up to you to integrate into our society not vice versa

Mr Anwar said: "We are no different from England or Wales where people have been recruited (by radical Islamic groups)."

More than a week after the attack and the nation may still be trying to recover from shock and the notion that Scotland is not exempt from terrorism.

'Innocent people'

But the aftermath of Saturday's events had already crystallised views among politicians, faith leaders and audience members.

When asked whether the attack on Glasgow Airport had been triggered by politics or faith, Ms Sturgeon said: "I personally believe that the troops should be brought home from Iraq.

"I do not believe that justifies blowing up innocent people in an airport. There are deep concerns about Iraq.

"But change should be effected through peaceful democratic means."

Farkhanda Chaudhry said that people should be better informed of what provoked the recent failed attacks.

She said: "I would like to know why it is that these people are conducting these attacks. It could be a matter of faith or politics but I don't know."

Up for discussion was how politicians, from north and south of the border, should re-examine security, policing and intelligence gathering.

Greater positivity

The impact on community relations throughout Scotland was also analysed. Mr Cairns made it clear that he viewed any terror attacks as a "perversion of Islam".

He said: "Most Muslims do not have any truck with these things."

Bashir Mann agreed, pointing out that Islam was a religion of tolerance, peace and diversity.

He called for greater positivity about the contribution of the Muslim community to the wider Scottish society.

Mr Mann said: "We should not blame the whole community and must put everything in the proper perspective."

Edited to add link

To be honest I feel the media are partly to blame for giving these radical minority factions the ability to present their views as the norm.

I am sure the majority of free thinking Islamic / Muslim followers would still have the moral courage and sense to report their concerns to the Police.

However I remember a time back in the bad old days of the PIRA threat that there were numerous ads reminding anyone to report anything suspicious to the police - I have yet to see the same drive here.

siggie47 said:
said he was a Judge in a Sharia Court
I know how he feels. I used to be a 'judge' in a 'mess court'. Can't remember how many bottle of port fines I handed out during mess dinners but I never had anybody stoned to death (damn my pinko, liberal CO). My mess court had about as much legal standing as this bloke's sharia court.

siggie47 said:
said it was against Sharia law to help the Police or to give evidence to a Non-Muslim against a Brother Muslim
What about wannabe jihadis murdering Brother Muslims in a half arrsed attempt at restoring the Caliphate? Is that against Sharia law. Perhaps Ayatolla Chaudry can give us a fatwa on that one. Given the ethnic makeup of Glasgow, if the airport attack had been successful, many of the victims would have been muslims. Is involuntary martyrdom covered by sharia law?

Gawd give me strength!!!!!! I always thought, like Trevelez, that it was against the law not to assist the police. Still no doubt yooman rites law could make an argument against it.

But why hasn't this tw*t been arrested for advising people to break the law!!!! We don't need 'new' power and legislation, just senior coppers and politicians with the balls to apply the ones that already exist!!!

End Rant, subside slowly into corner with fag and beer! Oops the fag's probably illegal now!!

When I see this, my first thought was, "but their law does not count here" The reason why I say this is because; You go to a travel agent and book a holiday, if there are any strange local law's you get told about them then and there.

You get told its against the law to drink alcohol, you have to cover your legs arms and head ect.

We as a world have to respect and follow laws of other countries, it is expected of us and it is a unspoken contract which we agree to the moment we say "Oh yes please book this holiday to Iraq" or where ever.

If we don't follow their law's then we are taken in by their police, we understand that and we respect that.

So why the fook is it different here? why is this man who is saying Muslims can not help still able to preach and say hey don't listen to the law's make your own law's..

He is in fact braking the law because he is now an accessory to these crimes which he is voicing about.

siggie47 said:
Last night on Five Live a British Asian Lawyer named Choudrey? Not sure of the spelling. Who said he was a Judge in a Sharia Court said it was against Sharia law to help the Police or to give evidence to a Non-Muslim against a Brother Muslim
It was Anjem Choudary wasn't it? The man is a follower of Omar Bakri and used to lead Al Muhajiroun. He is a second rate solicitor from Guilford who has no training in Islamic jurisprudence. I really don't understand why the BBC continues to give this man any air time.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
castlereagh said:
siggie47 said:
It was Anjem Choudary wasn't it? The man is a follower of Omar Bakri and used to lead Al Muhajiroun. He is a second rate solicitor from Guilford who has no training in Islamic jurisprudence. I really don't understand why the BBC continues to give this man any air time.
My bold.

What else do you expect from the BBC? They, along with the rest of the liberal media 'establishment' are tying themselves in knots trying to convince themselves that the 'all moslems are good, all zionists are bad' argument is true, and that islamofasism is an acceptable culture. It's quite the norm, I'm afraid.

Ancient_Mariner said:
siggie47 said:
said he was a Judge in a Sharia Court
I know how he feels. I used to be a 'judge' in a 'mess court'. Can't remember how many bottle of port fines I handed out during mess dinners but I never had anybody stoned to death (damn my pinko, liberal CO). My mess court had about as much legal standing as this bloke's sharia court.

siggie47 said:
said it was against Sharia law to help the Police or to give evidence to a Non-Muslim against a Brother Muslim
What about wannabe jihadis murdering Brother Muslims in a half arrsed attempt at restoring the Caliphate? Is that against Sharia law. Perhaps Ayatolla Chaudry can give us a fatwa on that one. Given the ethnic makeup of Glasgow, if the airport attack had been successful, many of the victims would have been muslims. Is involuntary martyrdom covered by sharia law?
That's never stopped them before; muslims were working in the Twin Towers on 9/11.

Silly me; I thought withholding evidence/knowledge of a crime was itself a crime under British law.

The_Seagull said:
Bloody hell, whats wrong with these people? If they were in most muslim countries they wouldn't have much choice in helping the police, seeing as they would probably be being used as a human circuit breaker at the time.

It really gets my back up when people enjoy the freedoms that this country provides yet try to undermine what it stands for and the systems to protect it.
Seconded.

Want to live under Sharia law? Fcuk off to a muslim country. If you live in the UK, you obey UK law. No arguments.

Now, why can't politicians or SMT police officers put it as bluntly as that?

Oh, that's right, I remember - because they are a bunch of gutless, cowardly, PC-obssesed CNUTS! :evil:

And breath....

Yeah but remember choudry is a self important attention whore and agitating to$$er who only spouts the controversial crap he does to attract attention. He'll get his and get locked up or the boot when he inevitably crosses the line.

I'm sure someone here has already said it - but if they want sharia law, let them be tried by it. I'll queue up for the Two Large rocks and a Bag of Gwavel.

JumpShip said:
When I see this, my first thought was, "but their law does not count here" The reason why I say this is because; You go to a travel agent and book a holiday, if there are any strange local law's you get told about them then and there.

You get told its against the law to drink alcohol, you have to cover your legs arms and head ect.

We as a world have to respect and follow laws of other countries, it is expected of us and it is a unspoken contract which we agree to the moment we say "Oh yes please book this holiday to Iraq" or where ever.

If we don't follow their law's then we are taken in by their police, we understand that and we respect that.

So why the fook is it different here? why is this man who is saying Muslims can not help still able to preach and say hey don't listen to the law's make your own law's..

He is in fact braking the law because he is now an accessory to these crimes which he is voicing about.
Exactly!!!

The problem is this country allows anyone and everyone to enter it, the laws are strict on decent abiding brits, yet become lax on the ethinic 'minority', why? well because who wants to be accused of being racist?

If you go to someone elses house you would respect their rules and ways, this country is our house so I wish visitors would treat it with respect. As my mother used to say 'while you live under my roof you live under my rules'.

Just a thought but shouldnt we provide a rule book to anyone wanting to come to this country - no excuses then.