Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Helpful Heroes - New Website to Get Former Service People into Work

Recently a new on-line business has gone live in its first stage of development – firstly to inform the general public, as potential customers, of its existence and how it works to benefit them; and secondly to create as big a database as possible of former serving personnel, ready to register their skills and services as a “Helpful Hero”.

Here at Helpful Heroes we are hoping to fully functioning by the end of 2012, although continuing to build our database of providers beyond that date. The aim will be to eventually provide a vast array of skills and services to customers UK-wide, provided by a directory of qualified experts, all of whom are former service personnel.

“Helpful Heroes” is a new on-line business which was founded to connect potential customers with trusted and reliable local service providers, focusing on creating a local community. These service providers – our “Helpful Heroes” –are ALL former Armed Forces personnel having previously served in the Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force, who are now registering their skills and services on our site.

Nobody is under any obligation and all that we are asking is that interested parties register themselves as potential “Helpful Heroes” so we may keep them updated as to our progress over this coming year. Hopefully by that time our database of providers will have grown to such a size that we will be able to provide a full service.

To help get our former servicemen and servicewomen into temporary or full-time work please visait our website and pass on details to any potential "Hero" provider or interested customer.

For all details on this new and innovative company please visit: www.helpfulheroes.co.uk

Contact us: helpfulheroes@yahoo.co.uk and follow us on Twitter: @helpfulheroes

Thank you for reading and we hope to have you registered with us soon.

What's wrong with Jobserve, or jobsite?

Do people go out of their way to recruit ex-squaddies nowadays?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It sounds like someone's come up with the idea of creating a recruitment agency based on ex-forces personnel.

I trust recruitment agencies as much as I'd trust Dale with a bottle of wine.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It sounds like someone's come up with the idea of creating a recruitment agency based on ex-forces personnel.

I trust recruitment agencies as much as I'd trust Dale with a bottle of wine.
I agree it's a potential minefield. Perhaps a bit more detail about the OP and the organisation will be forthcoming. If it results in jobs for the boys, more power to them.

"Service Providers"?

By that you mean the same kind who were outed on Panorama as being a bunch of con artists who are profiteering from the recession by sucking up millions of government money while not actually getting any one into sustainable or properly paid employment?

Does anyone fancy an "aprenticeship" stacking shelves with Morrisons?

BBC One - Panorama, The Great Apprentice Scandal

Please do shit off, "service providers" are nothing but a con, the only properly paid employment being created is for the ever increasing amount of public sector staff who seem to wander straight from redundancy into jobs with the likes of A4E while their "clients" who used to have private sector jobs remain stuck in the shit being expected to take part time jobs at suprmarkets,thats if they aren't farmed out as slave labour on a "training" scheme.

Does the OP want to come clean about which "service provider" they are paid by?