HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mark3536, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All.

I was wandering if someone could give me some career advice. Im in the Infantry and lost my leg in Iraq a while back. Im now back at work and posted to a UK Based Unit, My unit are in Germany. Im currently a Cpl holding Local Sgt rank. I have been offered the job of CQMS where i work and will do the CQMS course then RQMS Corse later on. The questions i have are these:

1. Does the CQMS course qualify me for SGT?

2. If i completed the RQMS course would that be enough to get me through all the other ranks till i reached RQ?

Thanks

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I think you've fucked up here, snail. Well done.

Mark, my original answer:

I'm not Inf, so as a generalisation:

The CQMS slot is normally occupied by a SSgt/CSgt (but is often a rank-ranged slot), so assuming you are qualified for the slot, then why the hell not? RQMS is normally a WO2 slot, but sometimes rank-ranged as well, so I can't see why not either.

Get yourself qualified for promotion, and keep pushing for it. Your SCLM/WOCLM quals are the critical ones, the SQ/RQ courses will come with the recommendation.

Massive respect to you for cracking on, after what you've been through.

[/back to it] I'm prepared to eat my words if it's a wah. I think not, though.

3. We'll see darling, we'll see.

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Check your PM's, Mark.

5. Mark, sorry.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Proof that you're an idiot.

7. Just kiss me, and I will forgive you.

8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

To all those browsing this thread: Please do not construe The_Snails idiotic antics as typical of how serving members of HM Forces view our veterans - especially those that are still serving despite their injuries.

9. Fucking good effort and the best of luck to you.

Snail you need to think twice about posting when pissed.

10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Can anyone with some Inf experience have an input, please?

I was on Telic at the same time as Mark, and his lot had a fucking hard tour. The bloke is still serving despite his injuries, lets help him out, it's what this place is all about.

11. And that makes it alright, does it??? Perhaps she ought to put some thought into posting instead of just opening her gob. Still, a thread isn't a real thread until sluggy's crayoned all over it.

12. there is also such thing as a brain. I suggest you use that in future before verbally attacking a wounded soldier.

Clown.

13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Mark, I hope someone by now has pinged you the answers you require.

Snail, I'm hardly going to PM you when you're doing such a fine job of looking an idiot in public. Can someone point me towards the part where I "lost"? :roll:

14. Mark,

Not Inf but I don't think it would qualify you for promotion - SCLM and WOCLM would be the qualifications. However you now normally do those after selection for promotion. In essence if you are a fully qualified substantive Cpl you are qualified for selection for promotion to Sgt.

It is obviously a bit of a feather in your cap to have done the CQ's course and be working as a CQMS as a substantive Cpl. Do well in the role and it will look good on your next SJAR looking for promotion to Sgt. CQ (and then RQ) is clearly a role that you may look at going down in order to further your career, and although they are not promotion qualifying courses they would be good quals to get.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with whoever is responsible for looking after you career wise (RCMO perhaps), they would be able to give you a much better steer than arrse I reckon.

Hope that helps, although as I said I am not Inf and therefore I may be completely wrong so please do ring your RCMO or whoever is appropriate at your unit.

Good luck.

P.s Finally, just had a thought, if you are subsequently employed as a CQMS then it would be worth looking into the possibility of acting rank rather than local (or indeed Pay of Higher Rank) it depends on the unit establishment as to whether you would get it but it can't hurt to ask the question and you could end up with a few more beer tokens.