Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Vinnylppd, Oct 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey

I start my basic at Winchester this Monday (29th).

Now ive done something to my leg last weekend and i went to see the Doctor about it, he said theres nothing seriously wrong with it and to go back to doing the exercise i was doing.

So i have given it a couple of days and i tried running tonight and i cant do it... its like an achy pain thats throbs a little... now with starting training on Monday and my ACIO being closed im not sure what to do.. i believe there is a 1.5 mile run in the 1st week... :S

any idea's lads?!
  2. push through the pain
  3. Try RICE.

Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate.

Good luck :)
  4. Any achy pain that throbs where
  5. American long grain, or basmatti?
  6. Just rice ? no sweet n curry........ nothing but rice?

scroogy git give the lad some good stuff
  7. I developed shin problems in phase 2 training 9 years ago, I did not want to get backsquaded so I pushed through the pain.

I still suffer now, I've had physiotherapy and its not as bad as it was, I still pass PFTs and CFTs with ease but essentially my legs are pretty knackered from the knee down.

Don't ignore it if it gets worse. Although its never held me back I'm still suffering.
  8. Pain is a sensation and sensations are to be enjoyed.

9. Umm Pilau Rice.

Seriously though, ICE = not the drug that features on Dog the bounty hunter ;)
  10. go for it mate... try as hard as u can but you dont want to do any further damage