help

Discussion in 'Officers' started by lil_sapper, May 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all i'm new here but i have been asked by my
    troop commander to research POD as im looking at
    attending. does anybody have any information on this

thanks

kye

2. Have a go here:

Officer Recruiting Internet Email:eek:fficer@royalengineers.com

3. Lil Sapper,

Welcome to the site.

This is the Officers' board. I strongly recommend that you use conventional spelling, punctuation and grammar if you want advice! If you want abuse, the NAAFI is open all hours.

Pray tell me, what is "POD". All I can come up with is the Prince of Darkness, and you wouldn't want to attend to him!

Litotes

4. Potential Officer Development ?

5. I didn't think of that one; I am reading a massive .pdf document today that is littered with acronyms and "POD" was just one more and my brain couldn't cope!

Thanks,

Litotes

6. thanks all

7. Point of Disembarkation?

Air, sea or rail?

8. lil sapper,

Your best bet is to go ahead and apply through the CoC to begin the commissioning process. When you go to Pre RCB they will advise you if they think you are a suitable candidate for the POD Cse (it does stand for the Potential Officer Development Cse).

If they give you the option of going take it. Not only will improve your chances of passing RCB you will also learn a number of things that will help you for the rest of your career. In addition to that, if your cse is anything like mine, you will also drink a horrendous amount of alcohol and make friends that you will have for the rest of your life.

Good Luck

9. There is at least one thread that discusses POD/PRAMs (if that is what they are still called).

Try searching this forum using POD and PRAMS as search terms. Try this one to start with...

Good luck

10. Try reading this article as well. However bear in mind that the journalist is trying to make good copy.

11. again thank you all for your help

lil_sapper