Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I join the British Army in 5 days, and I’m scared that my fitness level isn’t high enough. I run 3 days a week, having an 8minute avg mile time. Is that okay as a starting point or am I totally screwed ?

I join the British Army in 5 days, and I’m scared that my fitness level isn’t high enough. I run 3 days a week, having an 8minute avg mile time. Is that okay as a starting point or am I totally screwed ?
Abbie, A few of points:

1. For Personal Security (PerSec), consider changing your Arrse User name.
2. You are not joining the Army, you are going to be starting Basic Training. Part of that training will involve getting you fit enough to pass the fitness tests so that you can serve in the Army. You should be fine as a starting point.
3. Good luck with Basic, it will be tough, but stick with it.

anglo

LE
Go there, do as you're told, keep your mouth shut, work hard, listen and learn,
you'll be fine,

I have asked a Mod to move your post to a more appropriate section of the site. You might get some helpful responses elsewhere.
Good luck with the training.

Go there, do as you're told, keep your mouth shut, work hard, listen and learn,
you'll be fine,

What he said, and under no circumstances, at all, EVER, bite, once you do, that's it, you're fair game, and a whole world of shit and pain will engulf you. ....Enjoy...and good luck.

Making the assumption that this is genuine...

Don't worry about fitness levels. Instructors instruct. Trainers train. It's their job to help you adapt to the new way of life you are embarking on, and bring everyone up to the right standard in both fitness and many other disciplines. All you can do is offer your best effort every day. Good luck!

You’re fine with that and will get fitter and faster as you progress through training. Stop worrying and work hard.

Good luck.

Slime

LE

You won’t be able to change your fitness level in the time you have left, but just literally do your very best in EVERYTHING once you are there!

Running in a group is much more fun than running on your own, and being in a group of other people who are all new to the army is even better.

Latest Threads