Help!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Zalute, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys & Girls I'm in need of some info. I'm a Service Veteran & I am with my girlfriend in the process of putting together parcels of care. I would like a Personnel Administrator to e-mail me or a senior oic to get in touch from Camp Bastion. From Afghanistan is most important, not UK based or a representative.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. A senior OIC? Why would you need to speak to anyone at all, let alone a senior OIC?

A great idea if you and your better half are doing this but there are many ways you can do this, google it and get the generic address.

3. Choff let me put it this way, i'm not a little grunt from the back of nowhere. Having served in the cold war i think i've got a bit of savvy! If what i wanted in specific info was on google i wouldn't be in here asking what you obviously think is a silly question Thanks! :D

4. Can't help with specific details, but as you know parcels have to be addressed to an individual-one solution I have seen suggested is that once you find out which unit is in the area you wish to support you send them to a particular appointment in the unit, such as RQMS/QM or even RSM with a note. Your goodies will then reach the intended audience.

5. If this were true you would know no-one on here is going to give you any details of any individual, from newest recruit to CGS, nor is anyone in any position of authority going to contact a nameless(for all intents and purposes), faceless individual on an unofficial website. I served through the cold war too and even then PERSEC/OPSEC were not a dirty words.
    If you are genuine you will know the procedure and how to contact a Regiment/Corps.

edited to take into account A name has been used but anyone can put any name they like on websites.

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Why the disdain for UK based reps. All unit welfare officers are well versed in getting parcels over to the troops out there.
    Contact a unit local to you and find out what they want.

7. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I contacted the PWRR web-site to see where I could send a package... not a fecking answer after two weeks.... I'll try the Mercians instead, they look like they need a bit of care and TLC package. PWRR... asjhamed to have been in them now.

8. Just a thought, did you maybe do a chase up on it? We all know that the internet can be a sulky bitch sometimes and not forward messages or even just throw them out into the great big www, to be lost forever. If the PWRR are your Regt of choice give them another shot before writing them off for something that may not be their fault. Their recruiting staff might be able to direct you to someone who can help. There is a whole stack of phone numbers to choose from on this page http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/6433.aspx

9. Try this:

Maj D O Weluckdaft
    Camp Tramp
    Eesmadeitupistan

That should do it.

Disclaimer: The above address bears no resemblance to anyone either living or dead, any similarity is purly coincidental

10. devexwarrior. Thank you that's the closest to polite as I'd like, be proud of yourself. working off what you've said I've an idea where to dig, but it won't be on the web. Stand tall & be proud & be safe!

11. I don't give a sh1t what you are although I am interested as to what you consider to be a "little grunt from the back of nowhere" and why you think you deserve something better?

I also couldn't care less whether you served in the cold war, the balkans war or any other fecking war, frankly, it's irrelevant.

You say what you want is so specific you need a direct line of sight to someone important yet seem happy when told to address a parcel to Camp Bastion QM/RQMS etc etc. Which kind of brings me back to my first point.

Fooking GOOGLE it you egocentric, self righteous mong!

12. wouldnt have a clue

13. He was an able seaman dontcha know :lol:

or so he claims