Help with windproof please!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yorkie1970, Sep 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me with some info on a windproof smock that came in with a job lot of militaria.

It appears to be gaberdine,has 2 chest and 2 hip pockets all with taped buttons,an unwired sewn in hood, a 2 way plastic zip it also has a union jack patch stitched to the top of the left arm.

I've tried googling the number on the label,without success,please can someone identify this jacket for me and if possible give me a rough idea of age please?

Many thanks,

Attached Files:

2. the second thing that comes up in the Google search is this thread!

oh and the first thing is NZ related

and the 3rd is cadets.

google search not much use IMO.
  3. Got a piccie of the smock, after all a picture paints a thousand words and all that.

4. Did you actually click the link? You will find its a 2007 discussion about that smock.
    Smock, Combat, Camouflage, Windproof
    Cloth, gabardine, Cotton, DPM, WR, FS. Single breasted with zip fastener closure. Attached
    hood. Outside breast and hip bellows patch pocket. Patch pocket with pen division and single pointed flap
    on left sleeve. Bellows type patch pocket on right sleeve. Inside left breast pocket and inside back skirt
    pocket. Cuff adjustment. Drawcord adjustment at hood, waist and hem. Hood and smock are half lined.
    The smock is made from a cotton gabardine and is designed to provide warmth
    and protection in cold conditions. Used with Trousers, Combat Camouflage, Windproof.
    8415-99-132-3961 Height (cm) 180 to 190 Chest (cm) 98 to 104

It's in a 2003 catalogue I have. Note there is a discrepancy with the size quoted and that shown in your picture.
  6. Photo

Attached Files:

7. oh. the link was purple so I assumed it was this one.

8. You thieving barstard... give it back.
  9. Thanks Joe_Private,that looks like the one!

I take it that this is an 'SAS' smock from the NOT FOR GENERAL ISSUE part?

10. Issued for certain jobs, roles and theatres eg dog handlers, certain jobs in the Falklands etc.
  11. Thanks to everyone who replied.